Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era Computer Wargame

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era Computer Wargame Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era Com... - 8/10/2006 7:06:16 PM   
Marc von Martial

Crown of Glory did win the 2005 CSR award in the category Best Pre-20th Century Era Computer Wargame. The award was announced at this years WBC (World Boardgaming Championships).

Congratulations!

http://www.consimworld.com/archives/001010.html

Post #: 1
RE: COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era... - 8/10/2006 8:17:48 PM   
jimwinsor

WooT! 

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 2
RE: COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era... - 8/11/2006 10:00:20 AM   
Southern Hunter

Congratulations, well deserved

Post #: 3
RE: COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era... - 8/11/2006 4:33:42 PM   
JReb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Best Pre-20th Century Era Computer Wargame.

I would have to agree! By a long shot!

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

Post #: 4
RE: COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era... - 10/29/2006 12:44:31 AM   
wonkguy

I don't intend to offend here, but how did this game win an award on 8/8/06 when the beta patch for version 1.2.26 wasn't released until 8/7/06? 

This game essentially didn't work until that patch came out and it isn't even final as I type today.

Also, how did the judges play the game when there isn't a finalized/published game manual yet.

I find these game awards to be highly suspect.  This game is fun (when it works) and the designers were very well intentioned when they set out, but let's face it, this game is not finished and they have already moved on to bigger dreams.

I'm not so sure I would buy another new product from Matrix.

< Message edited by wonkguy -- 10/29/2006 12:48:12 AM >

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 5
RE: COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era... - 10/29/2006 2:49:36 AM   
Erik Rutins

wonkguy,

quote:

ORIGINAL: wonkguy
I don't intend to offend here, but how did this game win an award on 8/8/06 when the beta patch for version 1.2.26 wasn't released until 8/7/06? 
This game essentially didn't work until that patch came out and it isn't even final as I type today.
Also, how did the judges play the game when there isn't a finalized/published game manual yet.
I find these game awards to be highly suspect.  This game is fun (when it works) and the designers were very well intentioned when they set out, but let's face it, this game is not finished and they have already moved on to bigger dreams.

I'm not sure you've got your facts right here. The game did work, from v1.00 and included a full game manual from v1.00.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wonkguy)
Post #: 6
RE: COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era... - 10/29/2006 8:56:48 AM   
Joram

quote:

ORIGINAL: wonkguy

While I too regret they left it for the moment, it did work out of the box (for most people at least) and their is a manual that came with it. What you are probably thinking is the beta manual is the only manual. It's not, it was just an update that they never finished. They said they were going to come back to it after FoF was launched and I guess we can just wait and see.

(in reply to wonkguy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> COG wins 2005 CSR award - Best Pre-20th Century Era Computer Wargame Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI