Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Knotty Problems of Baseball

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> Knotty Problems of Baseball Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Knotty Problems of Baseball - 9/5/2006 9:23:45 PM   
Genl.Hooker

Okay I am in the 8th innings of a 66 game. The score is 0-0 and Mc Bean is pitching, and he gets the final out of the top of the 8th but "Boom" he is injured (now at this time the computer puts in Pete Mikkelsen) and the Pirates score one run in the game. They pinchit for Mikkelsen in the 8th and Roy face finishes up to earn the save. Now the computer gives he wp to Mikkelsen, but is that right? In real life I contend that the Pirates would have helped McBean off the field and then simply ph for him and Mikkelsen would not have even come in he game. Plus is there not a rule that says pitchers who pitch briefly or inconsistenly do not necessarily get the winn or loss. Maybe this is a computer problem? Oh and I still have not found Dodger Stadium nor can I find SBC park in Sf?
Post #: 1
RE: Knotty Problems of Baseball - 9/5/2006 11:32:15 PM   
PadresFan104

You're right, it just sounds like you've come upon a situation that the game hasn't been coded to handle. 

As for Dodger Stadium, it usually goes by Chaveze Ravine.  And SBC could be Pac Bell....

(in reply to Genl.Hooker)
Post #: 2
RE: Knotty Problems of Baseball - 9/6/2006 6:42:25 AM   
Genl.Hooker

Thanks for the tip, I had forgotten those names. By the way your site is very helpful, I appreciate it.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 3
RE: Knotty Problems of Baseball - 9/6/2006 7:43:02 AM   
PadresFan104

Glad to help!

(in reply to Genl.Hooker)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> Knotty Problems of Baseball Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI