Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Desperate Plea For Help .. Wizards Truly Needed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> A Desperate Plea For Help .. Wizards Truly Needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Desperate Plea For Help .. Wizards Truly Needed - 9/30/2006 3:31:40 AM   
JB44

OK .. this is a quite serious, quite desperate whine .. more or less .. appeal .. panicked request .. for help with PureSim.

I work at a radio station in Cleveland. We have the Browns, Indians, Cavs, Ohio State Basketball and football .. etc .. so we're major, major in to sports here.

SO .. here's the deal. Dummy me mentions to the BIG GUY , The General Manager .. who decides whether I can eat food or not through a paycheck .. .. bragging, more or less .. "OH YEAH .. there's this game, well not a 'game' like you think of 'game' of shooting people and such but a 'simulation' where you can assume the role of General Manager of the Tribe in .. say .. 1948 and decide everything from that point on .. trade players, sign players, set your rotations and everything .. it's amazing. I mean, totally engrossing".

OH this guy freaks out. He's 68 and you would have thought I told him that Raquel Welch was in his office naked. He said he wants me to make that happen for him. He's REAL serious about it.

So, I'm buying him PureSim this weekend and how well I can set this up on his computer to simulate his assuming the role of GM/Manager of the 1948 Indians is going to decide, more than you would really think, how well I can do here at this company. I mean, I'm REALLY under the gun here and I'm not afraid to say I'm about scared poopless. I figured I would try to do it on my machine this weeknd, all weekend, and get it down before I do his purchase and install.

Can EVERYBODY who cares to .. please .. please .. please .. tell me, if you were in my position and you had to set up a perfect sim of 1948 Indians baseball .. what downloads, picture sets, perfomance files ... anything you can think of to impress and realy make it look quite amazing that such a thing is possible and subsequently the results being quite amazing in their authenticity.

Any links you could provide, tricks you have figured out or found to make the game that much better ... just how YOU would do it should you find yourself in such a situation. Think of somebody not being a computer person and never had a sim before in their lives and what would impress them, big time, that 1948 MLB could be recreated.

I really cannot express to you what it means to me for any help you can provide. This silly little thing could really make quite a difference in my professional life.

THANK YOU in advance. I mean, I'm nervous as heck about this. THANK YOU, truly.

JB
Post #: 1
RE: A Desperate Plea For Help .. Wizards Truly Needed - 9/30/2006 11:59:12 AM   
Woodruff

The first thing I would have done would have been to bring my boss to this site and the forums here.

But I would suggest that now that you've posted this here...that might be unwise.

As far as the game, I would simply install it and set up the 1948 teams. As far as picture-packs, I would suggest visiting PadreFan's website. I don't know the link off the top of my head, but a cursory look around here should turn it up.

And finally, I would say that while it is great that you're excited about the game and that you're willing to go out of your way to do a good job at the radio station...shouldn't your "success on the job" have something to do with the job you actually do? I know...silly me.

(in reply to JB44)
Post #: 2
RE: A Desperate Plea For Help .. Wizards Truly Needed - 9/30/2006 12:01:39 PM   
Woodruff

Look under the "3rd Party Add Ons" section of these forums for additional packages, in addition to PadreFan's website.

(in reply to JB44)
Post #: 3
RE: A Desperate Plea For Help .. Wizards Truly Needed - 10/1/2006 11:03:46 AM   
motnahp

You might want to update your resume. What happens if Lou Boudreau gets a serious injury and misses much of the season....then the hated Yankees win yet another pennant?

(in reply to JB44)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> A Desperate Plea For Help .. Wizards Truly Needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI