Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guns - Minimum Range values - All DB's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Guns - Minimum Range values - All DB's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guns - Minimum Range values - All DB's - 6/18/2007 7:17:04 PM   
Bucks

G'day All,

There have been a few reports about guns not firing in various databases. This is in fact correct, if a Gun or ASW Contact type weapon has a minimum range value set in the database, the mount will refuse to fire that weapon.

We are going to have to treat this like an Official Rule compliance check. There are no official values specified for any of the Annex C1 & C2 - Naval Surface and Naval Air Defence Guns or Annex E2 Ahead - Thrown Weapons. I know this may cause issues for people and I suppose that's unavoidable now we've moved to this point in the game's evolution. At best I would suggest scenarios that rely on these values being set, be reassessed and if neccessary modified or edited so that they function correctly in light of this DB structure change.

I just wanted to take an opportunity to let DB people know about this and I'll see about getting an entry added to the DB compliance part of the Wiki ASAP. There may be more changes like this but nearly all are in some way related to a strong attempt to have the game work within the miniature's system.

Cheers

Darren

- Please forgive cross posting I just want to make sure everyone is covered.

< Message edited by Bucks -- 6/18/2007 7:18:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Guns - Minimum Range values - All DB's - 6/19/2007 1:47:43 AM   
mikmykWS

Thats great Darren. Thank you for posting and thanks for talking about updating the wiki, thats good practice.

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 2
RE: Guns - Minimum Range values - All DB's - 6/26/2007 9:29:20 AM   
VonTommer

Good catch and fix. Thanks.

T

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Guns - Minimum Range values - All DB's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI