Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are saved games interchangeable among versions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Are saved games interchangeable among versions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are saved games interchangeable among versions? - 7/31/2000 6:18:00 AM   
hoki

I currently still have version 2.0 because I once I dled it I never checked back for updates. Now I am into 1942 in the WWII campaign and the game locks up/kicks me out when the Russians try to use Molotov cocktails. I am assuming that the updates fixed this and other problems. However, as I am this far along, I would very much like to continue with my current campaign. My questions are: 1) If I dl and install the update can my saved campaign be continued in the new version unabated or must I start from scratch again? 2) Assuming the answer to 1) is I must start again, are there any work arounds so that I may continue my campaign in version 2.0? 3) What other problems were fixed in the updates?

hoki
Post #: 1
- 7/31/2000 6:41:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

You should start over whenever you upgrade. At this point I would wait for version 3. You can fix the molotov problem by going in and editing the OOB so the molotov has a 222 in the AP and a 75 in the HEAT slot. AT rifles should have the pen value in the AP slot not the APCR slot.

(in reply to hoki)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Are saved games interchangeable among versions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI