Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2 - 11/9/2006 10:41:45 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: VCDH HERE

Weapon Record Import/Export

The export feature will work as long as the DB version stays consistent. Should there be any changes to the mount/magazine/weapon records in the scenario then you’ll have to rebuild and then manually make your weapons changes again. Most of the time you’ll be able to get away with using your original import file because there is no changes to the weapon record ID. If there is however, you’ll have to start from scratch as the game engine will not rebuild due to discrepancy (part of the anti-slug protocol).

This affects scenarios more than databases but it is up to the DB author to ensure that the loadouts in ammo dumps are not corrupted. This can have a fatal effect in GE preformance if the scenarios and their weapon export files are not kept up to date.

[snip]

Rebuild All Your Scenarios

After you’ve made your DB changes, make sure to rebuild all your scenarios. There’s been several bugs fixed that require you to rebuild the scenario for the fixes to take effect.

In short, rebuild first, then make your changes, then rebuild again. Be sure to save your weapon export file to save the time and trouble of having to manually input ammo loadouts all over again.

Is it possible to elaborate further on these items?

Are there any allowable changes to the Mount/Magazine/Weapon Record entries that will not corrupt the Export Weapons Edit function?

For example, if we change the Rate of Fire on a Weapon Record, will this have disasterous consequences? Version number? Max Weapons possible? Actual Weapons carried?

quote:

but it is up to the DB author to ensure that the loadouts in ammo dumps are not corrupted

Again, what changes might corrupt ammo dumps? I can imagine that the presence of a weapon in one version of the DB and its absence in a later version could cause a problem. Is this the full extent of the possible corruption? Are there other factors which editors should be aware?

Post #: 1
RE: Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2 - 11/10/2006 2:13:56 AM   
TMC

Will the new MS Access DB editor be only available to people who publicly publish their database or will it be available to everybody?

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 2
RE: Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2 - 11/10/2006 2:16:47 AM   
mikmykWS

Don't worry about it Herman, copy and paste will work just fine. I just copied a weapons record from your db into my personal db and it seemed to work just fine. Worry not although I'm sure Dale will post something you'll better understand.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 11/10/2006 2:19:33 AM >

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 3
RE: Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2 - 11/10/2006 5:46:28 AM   
TMC

Will the built in DB editor have the same functions as the MS Acess editor or will it be more limited? 
Post #: 4
RE: Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2 - 11/12/2006 12:34:07 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: VCDH HERE

Rebuild All Your Scenarios

After you’ve made your DB changes, make sure to rebuild all your scenarios. There’s been several bugs fixed that require you to rebuild the scenario for the fixes to take effect.

Is it AGSI's contention that scenarios not built/re-built with the ANW Scen Editor will not be functional for ANW?

For example, do all of the Harpoon2 and Harpoon3 scenarios built with earlier versions of ScenEdit specifically require re-building with the ANW ScenEdit before they can they be played with the current ANW game engine?

Or, can they be re-built with their own editor (after the DB changes have been implemented)?

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Clarification of Database changes for 3.7.2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI