Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side for once . . .

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side for once . . . Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side for o... - 10/27/2006 2:17:22 PM   
Luskan

That is right - I am looking to ease myself back into WITP. I'm very rusty, have been out of the loop for 9 months, no idea what half the new rules, tweaks, additions and patches do or have done, and am definitely not up to handling the Jap economic machine.

I won't be trying to stick Raver's head on a pike outside my door until I'm master of the dark side again. So while I'm working up to speed on playing the japs, I need to know what has changed for the allies too!

I have limited time over the next six weeks to play WITP - I certainly don't have time to redesign and build my turn 1 as the japs. After that my time frees up and I'm back properly. I will attempt to pull off a turn every day or two from here until the end of the year. After that, back to a turn a day.

I have room for 1 PBEM - no quitting, no whining and lots of slagging off and lying. You probably don't want to play me if you're brand new - I'm not very nice. As such, if you think you're a kickass jap player who could out Jap Mogami, I'm quite happy for you to try and make an example of me!

So:

Scen 15.

Me = Allies (weird huh? I've never really played them since UV).
You = Japs.

FOW on.
Jap sub doctrine is up to you.
Allied damage control on
Auto build at start off
Auto accept replacements on
Auto sub ops on
Extremely variable reinforcement,
Jap surprise on,
Vary first turn.

The rules: Same as all my other Pbem house rules have always been.

1. As the jap player you may port attack PH on turn 1, no where else, although bombardments, invasions, and hitting airfields are all fair game. Basically no port attacks at Manila or Singapore on turn 1. After turn 1, do your damndest.

2. As the allied player on turn 1 I will not enter ANY orders to ANYTHING to simulate your achieving total surprise - except for moving my cvs already at sea. (I will not create tfs, no orders in china, no tweaking the cap over PH, no pacific fleet NOT being in PH on turn 1 - I will do that all on turn 2 after you get your free shot.

Basically I'll get your opening turn, load it up, move my CVs and send it straight back about 2 minutes later. THEN I'll start to play ;)

3. After Turn 2, I am willing to institute only one temporary house rule, and that is that allied level bombers will not be used below 6000ft until March 1942.

Any savegame slot except Slot 7 will do.

Email Luskan2@iprimus.com.au if this sounds like you with what save game slots are free, and be sure to post here that you got in first otherwise I'll get dozens of requests for people wanting to be my first scalp back.

< Message edited by Luskan -- 10/27/2006 4:56:26 PM >

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?
Post #: 1
RE: Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side f... - 10/27/2006 11:49:28 PM   
pauk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

Me = Allies (weird huh?).

Damn, this is the end of the world...... wish that i have enough time for game against you....

< Message edited by pauk -- 10/27/2006 11:51:41 PM >

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 2
RE: Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side f... - 10/28/2006 2:08:58 AM   
Luskan

Bump

Everybody wants a shot at the title/banana

< Message edited by Luskan -- 10/28/2006 7:00:22 AM >

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 3
RE: Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side f... - 10/28/2006 6:59:47 AM   
Luskan

bump

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 4
RE: Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side f... - 10/28/2006 7:30:57 PM   
bilbow

An opportunity to skin the banana is too good to pass up. I'll have a go at you.

My turn one is already done and ready to go. House rules OK except add to it no 2E to 4E upgrades and no overstacking of airbases beyond 50xLevel.

I am NOT out of practice
Bill

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 5
RE: Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side f... - 10/29/2006 12:21:47 AM   
Luskan

Aha! after 133 hits, someone steps up to the plate.

Now if only I could stop accidentally clicking on the red icons instead of the green ones . . .

Opponent found, thread closed.

Awesome to be back in it.

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Out of practice Vet looking to play the easy side for once . . . Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI