Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

P-39D Aircraft Replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> P-39D Aircraft Replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
P-39D Aircraft Replacements - 1/25/2007 11:25:29 PM   
Al Boone

P-39D Aircraft Replacements- In the Aircraft Replacement Screen of the Intelligence menu, P-39D Airacobras are listed twice, once with a monthly replacement rate of 35 and near the end of the list with a monthly replacement rate of 5. Halfway through May (scene 17), I have used 13 from the 35 rate list with none in it's pool and have used none from the 5 rate list with 2 in it's pool. Is the monthly rate actually 40 and are both P-39D replacement entries valid and in use for all P-39D squadrons?
Post #: 1
RE: P-39D Aircraft Replacements - 1/26/2007 12:46:32 AM   
kriegspiel2

Rate 35 is for US squadrons and 5 for Aussie.

(in reply to Al Boone)
Post #: 2
RE: P-39D Aircraft Replacements - 1/26/2007 3:14:03 AM   
Al Boone

Thanks! Of course, that makes sense! I have just started playing UV again, now that the latest bug fumigation has taken place. It is the best Srtategy game out there, seconded only by SP WAW. This comes from a 65 year old retired Civil Engineer who has been playing computer wargames since 1978! I was even cited in the manual development credits for the SSI "War In The South Pacific" computer wargame back in the 1980s! I wish that Matrix would develop this game further. It is good enough to deserve an editor so that players could make their own scenarios with maps, etc. It also badly needs more information consolidated and published on game play. Now, to find out in my notes where the cargo/troop carrying differences are written down for AKs vs APs.................... I still love this game. What unlimited scenarios could be made with a full blown editor....

(in reply to kriegspiel2)
Post #: 3
RE: P-39D Aircraft Replacements - 1/26/2007 8:19:24 PM   
kriegspiel2

I totally agree !  This come from a 51 year old (hopefully) soon-to-be-retired Electric Engineer who has been playing wargames (boardgame) since 1971 with USN in S&T #29...

(in reply to Al Boone)
Post #: 4
RE: P-39D Aircraft Replacements - 1/27/2007 9:43:27 PM   
tocaff

Actually you'll love the replacementaircraft for the P-39D, which is the P-38G, if you're the Allied player.  

(in reply to kriegspiel2)
Post #: 5
RE: P-39D Aircraft Replacements - 1/27/2007 11:13:00 PM   
Al Boone

As U know, the whole problem is putting up with the "Iron Dog" until October 1 when the P-38G arrives. To Kriegspiel2- I also was a boardgamer. I sold an unpunched SPI "War In The Pacific" (if I recall the name correct for SPI's monster game) on EBAY for $450 a couple of years ago! First time that I ever made money on the hobby! I still have a couple of copies of Flattop and other similar boardgames. I have actually been tempted to use the parts as "player aids" for Uncommon Valor. UV is tough to learn, but once you get into it, it is wonderful now that it seems to work properly. I haven't even bought Matrix's "War In The Pacific" since I don't like the scale. More development work on UV would do the same for it as WAW did for Steel Panthers and could lead to new versions of such games as "Bomb Alley", etc.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> P-39D Aircraft Replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI