Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BattleTech back with a vengeance!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> BattleTech back with a vengeance! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BattleTech back with a vengeance! - 11/10/2006 9:04:21 PM   
Kuokkanen

I just saw someone mentioning something about death of BattleTech. I tell you, death of BattleTech is greatly exaggerated! Just recently has been released new rule book which replaces BattleTech Master Rules! Name of this book is Total Warfare, and along with updated rules of BMR, it integrates some of the rules found in books MaximumTech and AeroTech 2 (namely Ground Support Missions). Along with Total Warfare, we can expect other rule books to supplement it, new scenario books, new miniature models, and most likely, a lot of more!

Would you like to know more?
Post #: 1
RE: BattleTech back with a vengeance! - 11/10/2006 10:05:46 PM   
Zakhal

Battletech lisence is also "alive" on XBOX and Nintendo DS:

MechAssault
MechAssault 2
MechAssault: Phantom War

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 2
RE: BattleTech back with a vengeance! - 11/11/2006 9:00:10 PM   
mlees

quote:

I just saw someone mentioning something about death of BattleTech.

That would be me, Matti.

I dont know about your area, but Battletech does not seem to occupy much shelf space (if any) in the Game shops (all of two that I can find in San Diego) anymore.

No one plays it in the "game room" in these shops. What they are playing is Warhammer and Magic (the card game).

Back in it's heyday, the (bigger of the two) gameshop in my area would hold BTech tournaments, giving away merchandise or gift certificates as prizes. (They still do that, but the tournaments are involving games I dont play, like Magic.)

I knew about the new publisher of the Battletech franchise (not the electronic games, just the table top version). I browsed a little bit of the background on what Fasa did to the Battletech universe in the late 90's. I get the impression it was not a popular move... and that is why they eventually sold the right to the current holders.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 3
RE: BattleTech back with a vengeance! - 11/13/2006 9:18:34 AM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlees

I dont know about your area, but Battletech does not seem to occupy much shelf space (if any) in the Game shops (all of two that I can find in San Diego) anymore.

No one plays it in the "game room" in these shops. What they are playing is Warhammer and Magic (the card game).

Same thing in Oulu. And when they promised Total Warfare to be there by next week, it wasn't there and it seemed like most (or all) of them went to other town.

Anyways I asked about staff would it be okay if I prepare for game in the shop (there's table to introduce games) and play with whoever happens to be interested to try. They said it's ok for them. I might even dare to suggest them to print that file (link on 1st post) and share it for their customers...

Anyways you, mlees, thougth that BattleTech is dead and I pointed out to you (and others here) that it is not. Now you can print that file, take it to the two shops in San Diego, and place an order for Total Warfare and other material mentioned on it. Next you could show them off for those who used to play BattleTech on tournaments arranged by the bigger shop and get back to play again. If someone happens to come by and ask about it, you just explain what it is and would they be interested to join.

That is what I'm going to do, or at least try.

(in reply to mlees)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> BattleTech back with a vengeance! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI