Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Tool

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Editor Tool Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Tool - 8/20/2000 10:47:00 PM   
Rover

Editor Tool experts, please advise... Been mucking around with scenarios and can't quite figure out how to do the following (assuming it's possible)- 1) How can I see only one side's forces of a battle? Sometimes I take scenarios posted and want to make adjustments to suit my tastes (new unit objectives, starting locations, move reinforcement hexes, etc). Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out how to do that without seeing all the units of both sides and their defensive setup like mines. What I'd like to do is get the full map and just be able to see one side's forces and defensive setup. Have read the manual and scanned the 153 editor topic titles discussed here and didn't seem to find it. 2) I think this one is easier but am again struggling. With same posted scenarios I'd like to modify the maps for things I'd do differently or "better" :->... how can I see the map with no forces on it? It appears there is a directory with maps in it but I don't know how to separate the map from the rest of the scenario files and get it in the map directory to see it by itself (no forces visible). Thanks!

Post #: 1
- 8/20/2000 11:14:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Unfortunately there are no buttons right now to make one or both sides invisible to you. Usually when you open a scenario in the editor, you see it all. Such a feature would be a nice one. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Rover)
Post #: 2
- 8/21/2000 9:18:00 AM   
Don

Rover, for your second question, here's what you do: 1) Open the Scenario Editor and load the scenario you want the map from. 2) Go to the map editor and save the map, naming it what you want. Now go back to the map editor and hit "load",and the map you just saved will be on the list. If I were you I would also try making my own maps, as it is a blast to do! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Rover)
Post #: 3
- 8/21/2000 11:12:00 AM   
Rover

Thanks folks for the responses to both questions!

(in reply to Rover)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Editor Tool Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI