Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Few modifications and scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Mods and Scenarios >> Few modifications and scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Few modifications and scenarios - 12/10/2006 3:34:29 AM   
marecone

Ok. You have done enough for ACW in terms of brake through. Strategic, political, tactical and economic simulation. Best ACW game ever.
Now, it is time to "steal" few ideas from older ACW games.

1. Include more stats and redo stat option. Those lines look silly compared to rest of the graphics. No ofence there
After each battle include best brigade. Give them some extra morale or quality boost.
After the game ends include stats on number of battles, men killed, cities taken and so on... It will add much to the game

2. Generals should get some political level. Like if politicians support them it is bad to demote them or leave them at lower rank. Also it would be nice if their abilities could go up and down based on their performance and level of command.

3. Scenario where one of the sides could start with Kentucky or even some other states like Missouri or Maryland...

4. Option where you could set chance for Europe to get into war

5. Option where computer would place yours and his forces randomly on map. This one would provide endless new starts where every one would be a different story.

6. Naval aspect should be more advanced. Better battles, more ship types and such.

BTW, game is outstanding and it is already consuming all of my free time

< Message edited by marecone -- 12/10/2006 3:44:03 AM >

"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest
Post #: 1
RE: Few modifications and scenarios - 12/10/2006 11:53:34 AM   
marecone

No replies yet ? Am I asking too much? Can we at least discuss some of those ideas?

Thanks

"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 2
RE: Few modifications and scenarios - 12/10/2006 4:34:09 PM   
jchastain

Yes, I do believe you are asking for too much. This likely belong in the wishlist thread instead of the mod forum, but since the are the game's biggest fasn in all of croatia, we'll cut you some slack this time.

quote:

ORIGINAL: marecone

Ok. You have done enough for ACW in terms of brake through. Strategic, political, tactical and economic simulation. Best ACW game ever.
Now, it is time to "steal" few ideas from older ACW games.

1. Include more stats and redo stat option. Those lines look silly compared to rest of the graphics. No ofence there
After each battle include best brigade. Give them some extra morale or quality boost.
After the game ends include stats on number of battles, men killed, cities taken and so on... It will add much to the game

This is a pretty good idea. A couple of people have mentioned wanting more battle stats in the reports and that seems reasonably doable. Of course, remember I'm not the doer so that is an opinion from the outside.

quote:

2. Generals should get some political level. Like if politicians support them it is bad to demote them or leave them at lower rank. Also it would be nice if their abilities could go up and down based on their performance and level of command.

Generals affect the governor's politics, but I do not see them having political status of their own. That would be a significant change as it would require an entire new sub-system with new rules, new interface elements (to show their values and any results). AT the end of the day it would be a lot of work for what would essentially be a minor feature. Had anyone thought of it during the initial design, then it might get real consideration but at this point I just don't see it happening.

quote:

3. Scenario where one of the sides could start with Kentucky or even some other states like Missouri or Maryland...

This would be easy to do as a mod. If anyone with a text editor feels ambitious, they could do this. If you have a specific scenario idea in mind though, I suggest you do it. No one will understand your vision better than you do.

quote:

4. Option where you could set chance for Europe to get into war

There is a chance for England and France depending on diplomacy. I think most consider that to be enough and I personally don't see any changes in the European intervention scenarios. Again, that's just my own opinion

quote:

5. Option where computer would place yours and his forces randomly on map. This one would provide endless new starts where every one would be a different story.

Again, a lot of work for what is essentially a minor feature. I think we are more likely to see more scenarios with different time period starts. One or two MAY come from WCS, but I see the majority being player generated. As discussed above, they are fairly easy to create and I see the historically focus among us building a few. But I think a player/fan generated wealth of scenarios is far more likely than a randomization routine within the game. I feel like a broken record but again, that's just my opinion.

quote:

6. Naval aspect should be more advanced. Better battles, more ship types and such.

They've talked about adding hexwar to CoG. If they did so, that COULD be applied here as well. But I don't see them doing any significant one-off naval enhancements for FoF. I think that means if anything does happen in this area, it won't happen for quite a while.

cheers.

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 3
RE: Few modifications and scenarios - 12/10/2006 5:54:52 PM   
jimwinsor

I like the idea for "political" generals.  There were a lot of minimally talented generals on both sides (ie, Butler, Banks, Sigel, Floyd, Bragg...) who got important commands because they were politically connected, or brought political benefits thru their appointments that Lincoln/Davis felt outweighed their military blundering.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 4
RE: Few modifications and scenarios - 12/10/2006 7:27:53 PM   
marecone

Ok guys. Thank you for your thoughts. I am not a programer so I just throw few ideas of my own. I didn't/don't know how much work you have to put into it

Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 5
RE: Few modifications and scenarios - 12/10/2006 7:41:52 PM   
marecone

Jchastin, I belive that I am the only man here which can be 100% sure that he is the bigest fan in his country . Heck, I can even say I have most knowledge in my country about ACW .
This gives me a very special and good feeling

Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Mods and Scenarios >> Few modifications and scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI