Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Protectorates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> The War Room >> Protectorates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Protectorates - 12/8/2006 7:18:01 PM   
Grande

My last newby question (for a while I hope) is how to create protectorates and how to disband them.

Can I create a protectorate? Do I need to conquer the province first? Or do I do it by subsidizing them for a while? Also how do I totally annex a protectorate? What is the advantage of having a Protectorate or is it best to just annex?

And secondly, I heard something about a "Confederation of the Rhine"....any more about that? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Protectorates - 12/9/2006 3:08:59 AM   
TexHorns

Grande, the answer to these questions are on this forumn and in the rule book. The quick of it is, protecorates are formed during the game when a country asks you to become their protector. Also, provinces you begin the game with that are "conquered" by you can be made protectorates. If you coup independent minors you can then make them protectorates.

The advantage of protectorates is huge. They do not count against waste, they contribute resources, they build their own units that you don't have to pay for. The disadvantage is if they are conquered by your enemy, they immediatly go to them and stay with them.. They do not revert back to you at the end of the war like home provinces do.

good luck

(in reply to Grande)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> The War Room >> Protectorates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI