Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For Liberty! Updated & Stand Alone Version of 1848 Now Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> For Liberty! Updated & Stand Alone Version of 1848 Now Available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For Liberty! Updated & Stand Alone Version of 1848 Now ... - 12/22/2006 2:46:42 PM   
Alex Fiedler

A new “realistic” ruleset and an update for the free game included with For Liberty!, 1848, loaded, packed, and ready to fire!

Matrix Games and Hussar Games (www.huszargames.hu) are pleased to announce that they have completed an update for their turn-based turn based American Revolutionary War strategy game, For Liberty! The update brings a number of tactical and strategic AI improvements, on top of some battle tweaks to improve on the game’s realism even further. The update also includes a brand new “realistic” ruleset feature where the readiness recovery rate is halved.

Matrix Games and Hussar Games are also happy to announce that this latest update for For Liberty! will also include an updated version of the free strategy game 1848. Based on the Hungarian Independence War of 1848-49, 1848 comes complements of the Hungarian Ministry of Education who largely sponsored its development.

For Liberty! is a turn based strategy game covering the American Revolutionary War from 1775 - 1783 and the Hungarian Rakoczi Independence War which was the eastern theater of the War of Spanish Succession from 1703 to 1711. Each campaign in For Liberty! has a unique soundtrack, a meticulously crafted map covering over 3,000 hexes each, and accurately portrayed and deployed units for each side and time period. There are 8 total campaigns, 4 for each theatre of revolution. At the strategic level, players can manage resources such as recruits, horses, muskets, cannons, money, and supply. Armed with a diverse and realistic military, players can wield fantastic might via four hundred historic leaders and a variety of strategic orders like siege, defend, attack, retreat, and rest.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=336
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> For Liberty! Updated & Stand Alone Version of 1848 Now Available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI