Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Copying data

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Copying data Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Copying data - 1/29/2008 5:13:06 AM   
R8J

Good day.

It does not look like it is possible, but I’ll ask.

Is there any way to copy/export data from DB to another (3.8)?

I can print an annex from one DB and then input it by hand into another DB. But this is time consuming and begging for errors.
Post #: 1
RE: Copying data - 1/29/2008 8:20:31 AM   
Bucks

quote:

ORIGINAL: R8J

Good day.

It does not look like it is possible, but I’ll ask.

Is there any way to copy/export data from DB to another (3.8)?

I can print an annex from one DB and then input it by hand into another DB. But this is time consuming and begging for errors.

R8J,

Firstly depending on your intentions regarding the release of your DB, if you are going to go public with it, it might be a good idea to get permission first Of course if it's just for personal use I don't see an issue with anything you "copy and paste"

Using the in-game DB editor doesn't allow for the copying of data from one DB to another. There are however a couple of ways around that. You might be able to still use PFedit if your DB is still small enough. Sorry I can't remember exactly what the size requirement is, but if it still works, you be able to generate a "TPF" - Transportable Platform File. This is also available via the Reimer Editor in the form of the "HCF" - Harpoon Component File.

I understand that not everyone has access to the RE, but I'm sure there's enough people frequenting the forum that would gladly volunteer a few minutes to import the required platforms for you. If you'd like to contact me "off-list" I'd be more than happy to help you with your project.

Cheers

Darren

btw you can get a copy of PFedit here: http://www.harpoonpages.com/ftp/harpoon2/h2pfe116.zip I'd check the http://www.harpoonpages.com/ site out anyway, lots of ancient files from the history of Harpoon. I'm also rebuilding all of the original HUD/HUD-II scens on the site so there's still a direct link with the present incarnation of Computer Harpoon.

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to R8J)
Post #: 2
RE: Copying data - 1/29/2008 4:51:53 PM   
R8J

Thanks for the reply.

It will not be for the public. Just some "what ifs" for my amusement.

Thanks for the offer and link. If I need some help I'll drop you a line.

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Copying data Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI