Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Duplicate Tech Improvements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Duplicate Tech Improvements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/28/2006 6:40:37 PM   
General Quarters

Playing Union in a local game against AI. It seems that I repeatedly get tech improvements offered that I have already selected. I haven't kept a list, but the last two duplicates were Naval Repair and Ironclad Program.
Post #: 1
RE: Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/28/2006 7:21:41 PM   
ericbabe

Do you know whether the techs showing up in your list of techs (from the City Details screen)?

(in reply to General Quarters)
Post #: 2
RE: Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/28/2006 7:46:48 PM   
Gil R.

I answered this elsewhere, but will say here: there is a chance that you simply didn't click properly. You need the name of the selected upgrade to turn bright red before clicking "okay." (When I first began playtesting, more than once I thought I had selected the upgrade but hadn't clicked properly.)

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/28/2006 8:54:00 PM   
Twotribes

Are you saying that the game interface allows you to click out of Upgrade with NO upgrade selected? Or are you saying somehow he selected a different one? It lists in the report for the turn what upgrades occurred by the way.

(in reply to General Quarters)
Post #: 4
RE: Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/29/2006 12:11:32 AM   
General Quarters

I'll track this more closely and keep a record. Then I can post something that is more definitive and more sure to be accurate. Thanks all.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/29/2006 2:12:29 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Are you saying that the game interface allows you to click out of Upgrade with NO upgrade selected? Or are you saying somehow he selected a different one? It lists in the report for the turn what upgrades occurred by the way.

I'm saying that there is, for lack of better terms, a semi-click (that highlights) and a full-click (that actually selects). It's mildly annoying to think you've clicked and then find out you haven't (as happened to me early in beta), but once you've learned how to click properly it becomes a non-issue. (I believe, therefore, that it is still possible to click out of the upgrades screen without having selected an upgrade. My thinking on this is that Eric should focus his programming time on more serious issues, since one can easily learn how to do this properly.)

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 12/29/2006 2:24:03 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
RE: Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/29/2006 3:21:56 AM   
Hard Sarge

GC

first thing to do, is to make sure you are getting the little pop up saying you got the upgrade when the turn begins

this way we can be sure that it was selected and then is coming up again

and then after the turn is over check in the city screen to the left under upgrades and see if it shows up there

(I think all we trying to say, we need more info :)

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
RE: Duplicate Tech Improvements - 12/29/2006 7:49:44 PM   
ericbabe

The interface shouldn't allow clicking-out when nothing has been selected, or if this happens, then it shouldn't eat-up your research points.  I'll change this behavior if this is indeed what is happening.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Duplicate Tech Improvements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI