Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games Releases New Flashpoint Germany Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Matrix Games Releases New Flashpoint Germany Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games Releases New Flashpoint Germany Update! - 2/22/2007 8:38:49 AM   
Alex Fiedler

The Cold War heats up in a flash as this update arrives on the scene

Matrix Games and Simulations Canada are happy to announce that a new update is available for their turn-based modern warfare title, Flashpoint Germany. The new update fixes an issue with the scenario editor and tweaks in-game messages to be a little slicker. Most notably, however, is the improved application of unit SOP Doctrine that gives unit behaviour (especially for recon units) a more natural result now.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, “As always, we’re delighted to bring gamers another update for one of our fantastic products. The latest update for Flashpoint Germany is another testament to Matrix Games’ commitment to continually improving and upgrading our products long after they’ve been released.”

Robert Crandall, lead developer of Flashpoint Germany, added, “Through our continual development of Flashpoint Germany even after the game’s initial release, we’ve taken an already fun and addicting wargame and made it even better. All Flashpoint Germany fans looking for yet another improvement to the game’s gameplay and interface should definitely download this patch.”

Flashpoint Germany brings players back to the height of the Cold War, as it was frequently on the brink of exploding into a red hot full blown conflict. As the title implies, Flashpoint Germany lets players fight the full scale war that never was as massive armies of incredible power face off across the West German border. Players will fight the Soviet menace or Western capitalist dogs, with companies and platoons which maneuver on realistic maps of the Germany countryside in 2 Tutorials and 17 Scenarios. In the spirit of revisionist history, Flashpoint Germany also lets players build their own scenarios which can be played against the AI opponent or against another player via TCP/IP or PBEM.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=287
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games Releases New Flashpoint Germany Update! - 2/22/2007 11:22:37 AM   
JamieSI

Hello Alex,

I've posted a mirror for this patch here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/flashpointgermany/patch/11821.html

If you wish to add this link as a second source on the website please feel free! :)

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games Releases New Flashpoint Germany Update! - 2/22/2007 5:59:28 PM   
Moltke71

Assuming the correct file was posted - no change in file number or dates, my problem with loading still wasn't fixed.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to JamieSI)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games Releases New Flashpoint Germany Update! - 2/26/2007 1:36:49 PM   
Emilio

Hello,

I have a question about the patch. Is this the same very patch released for registered users on 12th of January or it has some new features?

I have compared both files and they have the same size.

Thanks in advance,

Emilio.

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Matrix Games Releases New Flashpoint Germany Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI