Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Posting a Screenshot

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Posting a Screenshot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Posting a Screenshot - 10/31/2020 8:11:25 PM   
LoneRunner

I'm attempting to include a screenshot in a post.

The image button doesn't seem to work for this purpose. I'm guessing that I need to attach a file for the screenshot.

Hah, it worked! You have to attach a file and click "Embed picture in post". However, the screenshot included a lot more than I wanted to show. Unfortunately "Preview" doesn't work for attached files. Now I got to figure out how to edit the image.

Great, figured it out! I copied the file into Microsoft Paint. Yeah, old school, haha. Anyway, download the screenshot into Paint. Then click "Select" to crop the image. Select "Rectangular Section" from the dropdown list (unless you want some weird shape). Select the area of the screenshot that you want to show. Then click "Crop". You can even write notes on the screenshot with "Tools". Save the file. Then download the edited file into your post. My modified screenshot is below.

Would be great if the forum provided instructions for posting.

If anyone has a better method of attaching and editing a screenshot, please let me know.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Posting a Screenshot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI