Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A very annoying campaign bug...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A very annoying campaign bug... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A very annoying campaign bug... - 8/18/2000 3:14:00 PM   
Musti

Anybody else familiar with the problem? When you play campaigns, units(tanks&TD's and Flak's)which were hit in the previous battle in the turret(causing the loss of fire control)don't get fixed at all? I'm playing version 2.3. The only thing that you can do to get around the problem is to upgrade the unit to a type. Anyone else noticed this?

Post #: 1
- 8/18/2000 3:40:00 PM   
jsaurman

This is a well known bug and Paul says it definately will be fixed in ver 3.0, so we just have to tough it out until then. A workaround is that you can get the WAWed from Fred at freds.webprovider.com, and then after you upgrade all your units and start the new game, you can save "turn 0" and then open it in the editor and fix all the problems with the fire control/rangefinders, then save the file and continue as normal. Annoying? Yes. But I am much more annoyed when I buy a game at the store and it sucks and I can't take it back. I will suffer thru 10,000 bugs in a Matrix game, because I know they will get it fixed quickly, not a year later like every other game company out there.

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 2
- 8/18/2000 8:18:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Also, because of the nature of the relationship in developing this game with a large amount of "community input" we have been quicker to release "interim builds" to the public more readily than if this were a "for pay" game. Version 3 is going to represent 95% of what we wanted the game to be, its just taken us a lot longer than we anticipated! It has also taken a few unexpected twists and turns because of the input we received - but is much BETTER for it! Version 3 will be a plateau. We will to do a bug fix patch to it to correct the inevitable bugs we missed. and then let it "mellow' for a while

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 3
- 8/19/2000 6:05:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

I've commented on this bug before. Fred's Editor is a great way to work around the bug (many thanks to Fred.) Here's what to do: After 'fixing all' your units at the end of the battle, buy whatever upgraded units you want, then move on to set up for the next fight. After setting up, but before fighting, save again (I use German Campaign 1, German Campaign 2 etc to keep them straight.) Then close down SPWAW and fire up the editor. Open the saved game and edit the units, retaining the changes as you go. I've found that Fire Control, Range Finder and Radio and the things that you have to check carefully. Finally when they are all fixed (no cheating and making them even better !) save the game file again. Then reopen the game and you are ready to go.

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to Musti)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A very annoying campaign bug... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI