Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opportunity Fire rule.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Opportunity Fire rule. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opportunity Fire rule. - 2/20/2007 9:04:27 AM   
Petiloup

When you have a air unit somewhere then depending on the location you can get opportunity fire.

For example if you have an air unit in Morocco then you can get opportunity fire against fleets moving from "North Atlantic 10" to "Western Med". Let's say it's because of the straits of Gibraltar. Now if you are in Tunisia the same things happens if a fleet move from "Tyrrrhenian Sea" to "Central Med". Not much of a straits there so why is that?

I mean if you have an air unit in Algeria it does nothing, as well as for being in Southern Italy (unless someone moves from "Central Med" to "Adriatic Sea"). Tunisia and Southern Italy being opposite regions of the same sea zone should have the same advantage with the air units based there.

Same goes for England which get OPP fire for his air units if someone moves from the "Irish Sea" to "North Atlantic 9" but France gets nothing for someone moving from "North Atlantic 9" to "North Atlantic 10" while in reality some long range Condor bombers where quite effective around that area during WW2.

This makes me think that maybe (just maybe) the OPP fire rules could be reviewed as such.

- An air units has a ZOC (zone of control) in each adjacent sea area and if a fleet attempt to move out of that ZOC it will get a chance of OPP fire.
- The chance is equal to X percent (let's make it between 50% and 75% maybe depending on the year because of technological improvements).

That way air units are always effective against fleets wherever they are but still not too strong as to render fleet moves impossible.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Opportunity Fire rule. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI