Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any new games coming?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any new games coming? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any new games coming? - 4/1/2007 10:46:44 PM   
Twotribes

Any new games coming up that I dont know about? I prefer turn based and strategic level ( or operational level) , I dont like total real time strategy games, though some of the newer ones are ok, The style where battles are in real time but inter turn is not I like, as well as the Real time ones that are not designed to be click fests. I am no good with multiple commands and rapid click games. Some can be fun, but since I am so bad at them, pointless to try and play.
Post #: 1
RE: Any new games coming? - 4/1/2007 11:52:38 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes
Any new games coming up that I dont know about? I prefer turn based and strategic level ( or operational level) , I dont like total real time strategy games, though some of the newer ones are ok, The style where battles are in real time but inter turn is not I like, as well as the Real time ones that are not designed to be click fests. I am no good with multiple commands and rapid click games. Some can be fun, but since I am so bad at them, pointless to try and play.

How are we supposed to know which ones you don't know about, TT?

There are some tasty releases coming up, though. I'm really looking forward to both Battles from the Bulge and Carriers at War, you can find details on them via the "games" link at the top of the page. Ageod's American Civil War is a must-buy too, the follow up to Birth of America which is a classy game indeed and which I would thoroughly recommend if you don't already own it.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Any new games coming? - 4/2/2007 12:20:10 AM   
Twotribes

Not just Matrix games. I have not been playing much at all the last 5 or so weeks, been sick. Well I still am, though few more tests to go to see if it is anything the doctors can work on.. I sorta play at the Steel panthers stuff. I make new games just to buy new cores, but cant really play them out.

I have Forge of Freedom, but havent been playing it either. Just wondering if there are any new games other than Matrix stuff that anyone has noticed that sounds good. I will probably buy a couple of the New stuff from Matrix, just depends. Some of the ones you listed do look good.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 3
RE: Any new games coming? - 4/2/2007 2:46:37 AM   
Custer1961

Carriers at War has a new update on the development diary site. Pure guess on my part, I would say May for that one.

Many times, but not always, HPS releases new games on the first Friday of the month, which is this upcoming Firday.

Naval Warfare Simulations has a game Supremacy at Sea that has been given an April release estimate.

Harpoon Commander's Edition -- I believe that is close too.

An old game that you have not tried yet. They may be old to us but if you have not played it yet, then it is a new release to you. BTW, has anybody ever played Decision Games Wolfpack.......any thoughts on that one?

Hope some others post of any new games they think are close to release.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Any new games coming? - 4/2/2007 6:36:42 AM   
Neilster

Check out World in Flames....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=110

It's a strategic WW2 game based on an awesome dice and maps wargame.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to Custer1961)
Post #: 5
RE: Any new games coming? - 4/2/2007 7:45:10 AM   
Twotribes

Well except it has been "in development" forever. I own the board game.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any new games coming? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI