Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EXE error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> EXE error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EXE error - 4/4/2007 3:50:07 AM   
MrQuiet

I just spent literly hours doing my winter 43 turn only to get this near the end of my WA turn.
VERY VERY agrivateing!

This only happens when cheking the details of combat results. (either during play or playback)
I thought maybe it might be a sound thing so I have been always waiting till the after the combat sounds play before opening the detail window but apparently that did not solve the issue.

I can not reproduce the crash.

Does anyone else have the same issue??

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: EXE error - 4/4/2007 3:56:55 AM   
MrQuiet

Attaching DXDiag just incase

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MrQuiet)
Post #: 2
RE: EXE error - 4/4/2007 7:55:09 AM   
WanderingHead

I've been doing most of the debugging over the last few months, and unfortunately I must admit that there is no way I can track down this bug. It is almost certainly a memory corruption issue, and I think that it would require some special memory diagnostic software development tools to work on. Since those cost money, and I'm merely volunteering, I'm not going to be able to do anything.

If it were in anyway repeatable, that would be a different story. But it is so rare as to be essentially untrackable.

As to the DxDiag, I know nothing about diagnosing from them. I'd have to leave that to Joel or one of the Matrix pros.

(in reply to MrQuiet)
Post #: 3
RE: EXE error - 4/6/2007 9:19:08 AM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrQuiet
This only happens when cheking the details of combat results. (either during play or playback)

It occurred to me as I reviewed the bug fix list that there was a fix to a bug related to history memory allocation/deallocation when saving/loading files. This was fixed without ever knowing exactly what symptoms it caused.

No guarantees, but this might (and only might) have fixed the problems you've seen. There's no way to really know.

(in reply to MrQuiet)
Post #: 4
RE: EXE error - 4/6/2007 10:22:56 PM   
MrQuiet

Thanks for that update WH.

(edit) after looking back at the screenshot my theory was incorrect

< Message edited by MrQuiet -- 4/6/2007 10:27:29 PM >

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 5
RE: EXE error - 4/18/2007 2:23:23 AM   
Jonathan Pollard

I recently had my first crash, it happened while strategically moving a unit by sea as the W.Allies. I saved a screen shot of the crash. On the following turn, I had a crash at the beginning of the USSR turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MrQuiet)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> EXE error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI