Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

3rd party DB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> 3rd party DB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3rd party DB - 3/25/2007 10:00:15 AM   
goodwoodrw

G'day, I have just D\L this game . I have D\L 1945 Db imported IML file into the DB, and I can find the database manager created a scenario file within the data base and have imported a scenario to the file. When I launch the game, a message comes up " data base missing signature imformation or does not match signature unable to load please help. running 3.8

< Message edited by BASB -- 3/25/2007 10:03:14 AM >

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: 3rd party DB - 3/25/2007 10:48:43 AM   
Bucks

G'day BASB,

Check to make sure you have the following file within the "1945DB" folder, signature.BIN that will hopefully have been provided with the DB you've downloaded.

If you can't find it please advise exactly what DB your using or email it to me and I'll generate a current version signature. It sounds like there's an issue with the version of the database used to create the scens and the current DB version which is a newer or older version of the DB used to create the scens.

The IML file is I think, the DB xml file that the H3Launcher reads to display database information you need that in your "DB1945"? folder so you can determine the DB you're selecting for use on the "Database Manager Tab" on the launcher. The signature file is a little different. It's there to ensure the database you are using is the same version as that used to create or update the scen. Using a database that is not a match with a scen can lead to all sorts of nasties. So look for the "signature.bin" file in the zip you downloaded and make sure there's a copy in the:

C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare\Databases\"3rd Party DB"

Along with the xml file, signature.bin file and 17 database files.

If that's as clear as mud let me know mate and I'll help you get setup up step by step.

Cheers

Darren

< Message edited by Bucks -- 3/25/2007 10:50:40 AM >

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: 3rd party DB - 3/25/2007 11:44:03 AM   
goodwoodrw

G'day, yep I meant XMl however no sig bin file, incidently, checked data bases that come with the game they don't have one either, they do have a text file though, the 1945 db doesn't

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 3
RE: 3rd party DB - 3/25/2007 5:06:46 PM   
Flankerk

Easiest would be to try the DB links on HarpoonHQ first. If there is one lacking the sig file, by all means ask and will pm it to you.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.
Post #: 4
RE: 3rd party DB - 3/27/2007 3:17:32 AM   
VonTommer

Hello BASB! This is Tom. I am the database guy for DB1945.

Just reviewing past postings that might deal with DB1945 for Harpoon 3 and Harpoon ANW. Sure missed this one and apologize. If you are still around since last year, I hope you were able to get set up in the game.

If not, certainly write me personally if you need more help. You may have already solved it on your own.

We cannot yet run DB1945 in the 3.8 version of ANW but there are filesets available that allow anyone to run DB1945 World War Two scenarios in Harpoon ANW 3.7.0 and earlier staples like H3 3.6.3 or 3.6.2 etc.. Check the DB1945 thread in this forum for links to a Yahho download group or just go to the HQ (HarpoonHQ.com)

Currently we are upgrading the database and key scenarios to run in the ANW 3.8 patch. If you are already using ANW 3.8, you will not be able to operate DB1945 until we get this version out. (DB1945V3.8.0) We will keep you posted and should have it within a couple of weeks.

Even after we release DB1945V3.8.0, we realize that some may still be operating in regular Harpoon 3. If you are, we do advise purchasing H3 ANW and patching up to version 3.8. If you cannot, we will still provide archived database sets that will operate in regular H3. We still have an older fileset that we can operate in the H2 Admirals Edition game engine! So whatever your H2 or H3 status, we should be able to find a way to let you operate in WW2.

Following Seas Mates,

Tom

< Message edited by VonTommer -- 3/27/2007 3:19:05 AM >

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> 3rd party DB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI