Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

help with B mod odd first turn !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> help with B mod odd first turn ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/28/2007 3:53:45 AM   
mr reed

Well this is puzzling me. I just launched several times scenario 190 (B Mod)stock map running updated WITP vs Jap AI (historical settings 7th dec surprise) and run into a sleeping japanese. I see naval task forces gathering on usual landing points, bombarding them, BUT no troops disembark to take over PI,Malaya and Guam, just to name a few, as I am used to witness on the first game turn !!! Only Wake seems to be of any interest for japanese troops storming the island and wiping out the garrison in the process (well usually). Is there something wrong with the pwhex.dat file or anything else ? any idea ?. Tried with a fresh WITP copy as well !

< Message edited by mr reed -- 4/28/2007 9:17:10 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/28/2007 4:09:16 PM   
tsimmonds

Never looked at this mod but it is possible that it is intended for PBEM rather than play vs the AI. The AI needs help in the form of TFs with DH set, pre-loaded with assault troops.

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to mr reed)
Post #: 2
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/28/2007 11:38:34 PM   
Big B

Just saw this thread - I am going to run it and check it out - I'll report back here

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 3
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/29/2007 1:10:00 AM   
mr reed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

Just saw this thread - I am going to run it and check it out - I'll report back here

Thanks for looking into this my Master !!!

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 4
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/29/2007 2:11:39 AM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: mr reed

quote:

Thanks for looking into this my Master !!!

Thank you

Anyway - here is what I found:
There is a problem with scenario 190 vs Japanese AI.
TF 85 - Khota Bharu, TF 89 - Legaspi, TF 87 - Aparri, TF 88 - Vigan, TF 20 - Guam....do not have their troops pre-loaded on this scenario. (*oops! )

Work-around
: Let the game play - those locations will not be invaded on Dec 7th (except for Khota Bharu - none of them SHOULD be invaded on Dec 7th anyway)
By Dec 10th (what an historical coincidence) 65th Bde will land at Aparri, by Dec 13th 48th Div is there also. By Dec 10th 5th Div is working down the neck of Malaya, along with lots of other units joining the parade.

So, even though I screwed the pooch on this one, AI will quickly take over and start invading where it should go - AND at a more historical pace generally (one silver linning to an otherwise dark cloud).

So overall - the war in the Pacific will still inexorably grind on

Lastly, I will correct this fubar on a revision shortly to come up...to clean up any last boo-boo's discovered (there have been a couple very minor ones) and also to enhance a few more things.

Brian

(in reply to mr reed)
Post #: 5
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/29/2007 2:20:09 PM   
mr reed

what kind of boo-boo's you discovered by the way. Actually I was about to play this play this just like the way it is ... but if there are others things to be tweaked of some importance I might wait a bit more (... heck you really need to be a buddha diciple when it comes to play WITP...)

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 6
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/29/2007 10:02:31 PM   
Big B

quote:

what kind of boo-boo's you discovered by the way. Actually I was about to play this play this just like the way it is ... but if there are others things to be tweaked of some importance I might wait a bit more (... heck you really need to be a buddha diciple when it comes to play WITP...)

Helpless checked the DB with the decoder tool and found two Catalina squadrons in the DB that don't apear in game - I checked it and found that they don't belong in the game, they were for the Extended Map scenarios - and belong in Panama... but they shouldn't have been in the DB. No effect.

The other was that R.T. Smith of the AVG appeared in scenario 190 with 0 experience instead of 87 (must be some other R.T. Smith posing as a pilot), anyway - not a game breaker.

If you want to wait a bit - I am doing a few more things such as rolling the AVG and 23rd FG together into the "Flying Tigers" since historically the one disbanded when the latter became operational. Furthermore I am playing with the Float Fighter 'Pete' (the role it was actually used in) to make it a bit more useful (it's stats are so pathetic it doesn't do much of anything).

Brian

< Message edited by Big B -- 4/29/2007 11:15:40 PM >

(in reply to mr reed)
Post #: 7
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 2:45:38 AM   
mr reed

I feel so much better now ...

Still ! can t wait to have my hands on the fixed scenario...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mr reed -- 4/30/2007 2:47:25 AM >

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 8
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 3:37:56 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

quote:

Furthermore I am playing with the Float Fighter 'Pete' (the role it was actually used in) to make it a bit more useful (it's stats are so pathetic it doesn't do much of anything).

Oh, they're not totally useless...check it out: (December 30, 1941 vs. Allied AI, scen 190)

Got a question for ya though:
I've noticed when airgroups aboard ships upgrade to a newer type of plane, the message I'll get is "such and such group upgrades to 'new plane' on board Empire ******"

Why does it say "Empire ******"? It seems like some Allied ship name.

It doesn't seem to affect anything......I was just wondering about it...

ChadG

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Juggalo -- 4/30/2007 3:45:26 AM >

"If you want peace, prepare for war."

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 9
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 4:32:24 AM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

quote:

Furthermore I am playing with the Float Fighter 'Pete' (the role it was actually used in) to make it a bit more useful (it's stats are so pathetic it doesn't do much of anything).

Oh, they're not totally useless...check it out: (December 30, 1941 vs. Allied AI, scen 190)

Well Chad, I'm glad to see they're doing something - that's the first positive news I have seen from Petes! I think I'll make a poster of that pilot list! lol

quote:

Got a question for ya though:
I've noticed when airgroups aboard ships upgrade to a newer type of plane, the message I'll get is "such and such group upgrades to 'new plane' on board Empire ******"

Why does it say "Empire ******"? It seems like some Allied ship name.

It doesn't seem to affect anything......I was just wondering about it...

ChadG

It always says "Empire****** ? Gee, I really don't know what that above is all about - that is one for the Moderators

Brian

< Message edited by Big B -- 4/30/2007 4:33:14 AM >

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 10
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 4:41:01 AM   
Big B

quote:

I feel so much better now ...

Still ! can t wait to have my hands on the fixed scenario...

Thanks,

I am going to take a little time with it - because I really don't want glitches. I am using a new Editor now to help check for any inconsistencies. I really want it trouble free.

I would say one week (I have to do four different scenarios, for two different maps - simultaneously... it takes a little time).

(in reply to mr reed)
Post #: 11
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 5:08:38 AM   
mr reed

ONE WEEK !!!! *Faints*

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mr reed -- 4/30/2007 5:09:20 AM >

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 12
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 5:44:35 AM   
Big B

quote:

ONE WEEK !!!! *Faints*

Need a glass of water?

(in reply to mr reed)
Post #: 13
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 6:32:57 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

Well, I forgot to mention that I've lost 13 Petes thus far....all from air-to-air combat.

About the other thing, I'll try to be more specific....last turn I got this message:

CII-1 Datai converting to A6M2 Zero aboard Empire Lough.

That's Zuiho's fighter group, and sure enough, they did upgrade from Claudes to Zeros....

I get a different "Empire" ship name every time a ship's attached air group upgrades.....even float planes on CAs and BBs.

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 14
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 11:39:43 AM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

WOW How did you do that?? And what did they shoot down? I have yet to see Petes achieving anything besides being targets for both enemy fighters and bombers (it´s a death trap for your precious IJN pilots). I never have shot down anything with them. Too slow, too small guns.

Those Petes are the thing I hate the most in Brian´s mod (I think it´s the only thing so far). Now the IJN lacks a good number of naval search float planes that I really really miss. My TF are going around blind on one and a half eye compared to my experiences without having float fighters on my ships. Even the CS classes have 16!!!!! Petes and only 4 Jakes aboard which makes them useless for me. And there´s unfortunately no way to upgrade float fighters to float planes....

The CS where always a nice advantage in a CV TF because with 20 Alfs more in the TF you can have all your CV bombers on nav attack instead of some flying naval search... I would prefer search planes a hundred times over those useless float fighters.

Post #: 15
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 12:21:32 PM   
mr reed

quote:

Well, I forgot to mention (...).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mr reed -- 4/30/2007 12:23:56 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 12:29:33 PM   
mr reed

please don't... don't you mention other bugs... this mod is flawless ... I want to play this mod NOW yes NOW not in a month. Have you heard the man? he said one week for the few ones he already spotted! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME JUGGALO

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mr reed)
Post #: 17
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 12:51:23 PM   
mr reed

-:" Lesson one, chapter one, repeat after me I WONT REPORT BUGS to BIG B and ruin MR REED's HOPES PLAYING IT QUICKLY".

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mr reed)
Post #: 18
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 4/30/2007 5:53:25 PM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

Those Petes are the thing I hate the most in Brian´s mod (I think it´s the only thing so far). Now the IJN lacks a good number of naval search float planes that I really really miss. My TF are going around blind on one and a half eye compared to my experiences without having float fighters on my ships. Even the CS classes have 16!!!!! Petes and only 4 Jakes aboard which makes them useless for me. And there´s unfortunately no way to upgrade float fighters to float planes....

The CS where always a nice advantage in a CV TF because with 20 Alfs more in the TF you can have all your CV bombers on nav attack instead of some flying naval search... I would prefer search planes a hundred times over those useless float fighters.

This gives me an idea for the upcoming release - and it won't take long to do.
I will give all the Pete squadrons a special upgrade option to a "standard" old floatplane Pete for those that want to use them as regular floatplane squadrons (or a mixture of both).

Thanks for the input!

DON'T WORRY MR. REED - IT WON'T DELAY A THING !

Brian

< Message edited by Big B -- 4/30/2007 6:44:09 PM >

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 19
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 5/1/2007 7:28:10 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

quote:

I will give all the Pete squadrons a special upgrade option to a "standard" old floatplane Pete for those that want to use them as regular floatplane squadrons (or a mixture of both).

Thanks for the input!

DON'T WORRY MR. REED - IT WON'T DELAY A THING !

Brian

That's a good compromise Big B. I initially felt the same way about the Petes, but I learned to live with it....

Oh, and tell mr. reed your excellent mod is totally playable in it's current state....no need to wait!

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 20
RE: help with B mod odd first turn ! - 5/2/2007 4:54:43 AM   
Big B

quote:

Done - final release coming very soon (days).

By the way, for the first time I am breaking tradition with the new release of B-Mod 1.4, it is going to have an aircraft art package (which is completely compatible with all stock scenarios, and some other minor graphic changes - also completely compatible with stock). The install will be(should be) one-click unzip for everything.

I can't imagine anyone objecting to the improvement, but when it is out in a few days - there will be a disclaimer to back-up your stock art if you want to keep it, before you unzip this mod.

Brian

< Message edited by Big B -- 5/2/2007 4:56:09 AM >

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> help with B mod odd first turn ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI