Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Friendly Fire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Friendly Fire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Friendly Fire - 6/4/2007 12:58:33 AM   
munited18

I did a search and did not find this on the forum. So, I hope I am not repeating something. In a recent battle in Fredricksburg. I defeated a large rebel force. This is not to brag only to point out why I won. Several rebel troops fired on each other! This happened numerous times and amounted to (if the numbers could be believed!) almost ten thousand casualties. Can anyone explain this? Thanks in advance!

You are what you do, when it counts.
Post #: 1
RE: Friendly Fire - 6/4/2007 1:03:03 AM   
Gil R.

Well, it was a war of brother against brother...

But seriously, this seems like a new issue. Can you give more details -- which units, what they were doing, etc.?

(in reply to munited18)
Post #: 2
RE: Friendly Fire - 6/4/2007 1:27:12 AM   
munited18

I don't have any screen shots or anything. The battle was between the Federal Department of NE Virgina and an Army commanded by Lee. They were winning the battle, but my 3 brigades of artillery were chewing them up. So, I fell back behind the river to try and cause more casualties as they crossed. Except instead of crossing several of their brigades headed away. Then, they would attack another rebel unit just like it was one of mine. Casualties would ensue and then they would move away from each other. At first I thought it was weird but it happened about twenty times or so, and as I started counting the casualty numbers it amounted to close to ten thousand. I was playing the updated early scenario on corporal difficulty level. Also, this was several different units, not the same one that acted in this manner.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Friendly Fire - 6/4/2007 2:21:17 AM   
ericbabe

Do you have a save game taken during the battle?  I've never heard anything like this reported before.

(in reply to munited18)
Post #: 4
RE: Friendly Fire - 6/4/2007 2:25:29 AM   
munited18

No. didn't even think about it.  All I thought about was trying to do a screen shot of it when it happened and I didn't even know how to do that!  I will see if it happens again and I will let you know.  Very odd that I would be the only one this has happenned to..

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Friendly Fire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI