Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USMC National Characteristic?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> USMC National Characteristic? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USMC National Characteristic? - 9/1/2000 3:55:00 AM   
WW2'er

Saw this on on Fabio's site. It's the national characteristic for USMC's: "USMC - Troops receive a +10% bonus to hit, when firing rifles. They very seldom surrender. They also receive reduced ammunition and their ammunition trucks reload more slowly." I am just curious as to why they receive less amunition and the trucks reload slowly? I am NOT saying it shouldn't be this way, just curious as to why this is. I assume that this is historical, but hadn't heard about it. Can someone more knowledgable fill me in? Thanks! WW2'er

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
Post #: 1
- 9/1/2000 6:16:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Supply SNAFU's between the Marine combat units and the Naval supply support they required were common. Guadalcanal was the worst, but the Marines typically did not have all the supplies they might have wanted.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 2
- 9/1/2000 6:17:00 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello... The USMC and Japanese were freqently very short on supply in the Pacific. Enough so, that we made it a characteristic. They recieve less ammunition because of it. The trucks load more slowly, because there is less ammunition in the trucks. Bye... Michael Wood ___________________________________________
quote:

Originally posted by WW2'er: Saw this on on Fabio's site. It's the national characteristic for USMC's: "USMC - Troops receive a +10% bonus to hit, when firing rifles. They very seldom surrender. They also receive reduced ammunition and their ammunition trucks reload more slowly." I am just curious as to why they receive less amunition and the trucks reload slowly? I am NOT saying it shouldn't be this way, just curious as to why this is. I assume that this is historical, but hadn't heard about it. Can someone more knowledgable fill me in? Thanks! WW2'er

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 3
- 9/1/2000 7:12:00 AM   
Rhone

See ya later.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 4
- 9/1/2000 1:02:00 PM   
Randy

As a former Marine, we always took pride in the fact that we did the most with the least! Also, prior to the war and even during the war (and even after)there were many (and Gen. Mac Arthur was one of them)who believed that the Marines were a duplication of the Army, and were using funds which the Army needed. Semper Fi. Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 5
- 9/1/2000 8:47:00 PM   
Seth

Okay, I know I'm switching the topic here, but why do the French get a supply bonus, but only prior to 1943? I'd be pretty surprised if all the Vichy units moldering away in Indochina and Madagascar had anywhere near enough, much less more. Or maybe this meant France only? Having all those Frances is sure confusing [This message has been edited by Seth (edited September 01, 2000).]

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 6
- 9/2/2000 1:49:00 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello... This is primarily meant for the French in France. They had a lot of big supply dumps and a good rail system. Also, the Vichy in North Africa were quite well supplied. Bye... Michael Wood ___________________________________________ [QUOTE]Originally posted by Seth: Okay, I know I'm switching the topic here, but why do the French get a supply bonus, but only prior to 1943? I'd be pretty surprised if all the Vichy units moldering away in Indochina and Madagascar had anywhere near enough, much less more. Or maybe this meant France only? Having all those Frances is sure confusing [This message has been edited by Mike Wood (edited September 02, 2000).]

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 7
- 9/2/2000 1:58:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

You turn these off now if you don't think they are appropriate! For those Madagascar battles (using the new Jungle terrain set )

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> USMC National Characteristic? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI