Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vichy France ..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Vichy France .. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vichy France .. - 6/17/2007 4:50:54 PM   
IrishGuards

I seems that I can just walk into and through Vichy with my units ... I guess this means I get the production .. and also have to protect the ports ...
If I want to attack Spain then I have the whole border to mass units on ... never seen this in any game ...
IDG
Post #: 1
RE: Vichy France .. - 6/17/2007 6:51:25 PM   
benpark

I was expecting to get some kind of turnover of French naval assets as well.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to IrishGuards)
Post #: 2
RE: Vichy France .. - 6/18/2007 5:19:23 AM   
YohanTM2

Ian, can you respond to this?

Post #: 3
RE: Vichy France .. - 6/18/2007 10:34:07 AM   
Dave Ferguson

I think historically the germans did get to use the Vichy assets however some units of the French fleet joined the allies and some became Vichy. I don't know whether the game reflects this and in the absence of any response from Slitherine the only way to check is to run a test scenario.

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 4
RE: Vichy France .. - 6/18/2007 1:15:24 PM   
SMK-at-work

Vichy was unoccupied, and neutral.  The USA regarded Vichy as a legitimate country and had difficulty accepting hte idea of "Free French" for some time, preferring to try to get Vichy as an ally.

AFAIK no major naval units were captured intact by hte Germans - Vichy ones were all sabotaged when the Germans finally took over - somethign they could have done at any time.

(in reply to Dave Ferguson)
Post #: 5
RE: Vichy France .. - 6/18/2007 3:34:20 PM   
firepowerjohan

quote:

ORIGINAL: IrishDragoonGuards

I seems that I can just walk into and through Vichy with my units ... I guess this means I get the production .. and also have to protect the ports ...
If I want to attack Spain then I have the whole border to mass units on ... never seen this in any game ...
IDG

Did you suceeded invading Spain because border or not it is very hard to conquer them across that Mountain

If in real WW2 Axis had invaded Spain in 1940, do you think that Vichy France would have been abvle to stop them lining up units across the Spain-Vichy border?

Our plan has been to keep a very clean and simple ruleset without compromising depth so we do not want to create alot of exception rules for certain cases. If there is great demand for certain features we will reconsider of course. Enjoy the game

< Message edited by firepowerjohan -- 6/18/2007 3:35:52 PM >

Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead developer of:
World Empires Live http://www.worldempireslive.com/
CEAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
CNAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

Post #: 6
RE: Vichy France .. - 6/18/2007 4:08:29 PM   
Warfare1

quote:

ORIGINAL: firepowerjohan

quote:

ORIGINAL: IrishDragoonGuards

IDG

Did you suceeded invading Spain because border or not it is very hard to conquer them across that Mountain

If in real WW2 Axis had invaded Spain in 1940, do you think that Vichy France would have been abvle to stop them lining up units across the Spain-Vichy border?

Our plan has been to keep a very clean and simple ruleset without compromising depth so we do not want to create alot of exception rules for certain cases. If there is great demand for certain features we will reconsider of course. Enjoy the game

If Germany (or Allies) attacks neutral Spain, is there a penalty for that action?

I think in such a case (and to discourage gamey actions), there should be a penalty for the offending side.

For example, if Germany or the Allies attack Spain, then Spain should get not only Spanish units, but other national units should show up in Spain to "help the cause". In addition, war footing should be stepped up for the "not at war" countries such as USA, Italy, etc.

Any other penalties would be helpful as well.

(in reply to firepowerjohan)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Vichy France .. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI