Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach Witp pix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach Witp pix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach Witp... - 7/2/2007 5:24:06 PM   
Rybeck

Been trying with no success. Is there a simple way to use print screen, paste the Witp image into paint and somehow configure it so it can be saved and attached? Thanks!

< Message edited by Rybeck -- 7/4/2007 1:24:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach ... - 7/2/2007 5:35:18 PM   
AmiralLaurent

????

I do this all the time with no problems (on a Windows XP computer, by the way).

I use ALT + PT SCREEN when I see something interesting, then waited for the end of teh replay (or at leats a stop for a combat report), went for Paint and do a paste and have my "screen capture" displayed. Then back to WITP for continuing the replay or the turn.

Some people here use more effective methods with special softwares allowing multiple captures, etc...

(in reply to Rybeck)
Post #: 2
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach ... - 7/2/2007 5:40:37 PM   
Feinder

Most screen shots are "bmp" (very large) files.  "Save as" a jpg file, and you should have no trouble uploading the file.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 3
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attack ... - 7/2/2007 5:42:16 PM   
spence

Why would you want to attack a picture?

Seriously, yes there is.

1. Hit CONTROL and PRINT SCREEN buttons simultaneously

2. Open PAINT

3. Click on EDIT on top and then PASTE

4. Click SAVE AS then change the picture extension to JPEG

All set to go post now

(in reply to Rybeck)
Post #: 4
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach ... - 7/2/2007 5:44:51 PM   
Rybeck

Yeah I have no problem capturing the image but once I paste it in paint, I can't seem to shrink the pic to eliminate all the white borders and properly save it. It seems like what I paste is just a tiny little square in the upper left corner of the whole image.

Also, I have 4 gigs of RAM and I keep running into "memory problems" when trying to work with said image

Edit: OK, will try those pointers you guys provided. What a newb

< Message edited by Rybeck -- 7/2/2007 5:47:23 PM >

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 5
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach ... - 7/2/2007 7:47:08 PM   
Roger Neilson II

I that doesn't work then give me a shout, there are other approaches that also cost nothing.....

Roger

(in reply to Rybeck)
Post #: 6
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach ... - 7/2/2007 9:12:05 PM   
Feinder

You can also use the outline tool (I think it's in the upper left corner, with a hashed box). You select what you want, and then paste it (into a new image or whatever). Or you can shrink your initial document by dragging an edge, and making it smaller.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 7
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach ... - 7/2/2007 10:10:59 PM   
LarryP

I use FastStone Capture and ImageViewer. They are both free for NON-commercial use too:
www.faststone.org

(in reply to Rybeck)
Post #: 8
RE: Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach ... - 7/2/2007 11:14:04 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rybeck

Yeah I have no problem capturing the image but once I paste it in paint, I can't seem to shrink the pic to eliminate all the white borders and properly save it. It seems like what I paste is just a tiny little square in the upper left corner of the whole image.

Best thing i found is IRFANview - allows you to crop photos painlesslessly and resize quickly and easily... it is a free download.

www.irfanview.com/

(in reply to Rybeck)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Is it possible to use print screen/paint to attach Witp pix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI