Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just a couple questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Just a couple questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just a couple questions - 7/3/2007 8:13:52 AM   
dophin26

Hey guys,

I've followed this game since day one (or maybe two), but I haven't purchased it yet for a number of reasons- the most important being my Dell's graphics card isn't good enough and I can't put one in that is.

Anyway, I was on a 2k5 football forum (currently my favorite game) and someone asked what was so great about franchise mode and I answered the question (even though it was obvious he was against it). One thing that struck me, however, is that 2k5 is missing a few things FPS had- all-time stats (through a 3rd party) and a hall-of-fame. After playing a ton of games in 2k5, when players retire, their stats delete, plus there is no all-time leaders or Hall-of-Fame.

So, my questions are: is there a Hall-of-Fame in the game, either directly or via 3rd party yet and is there a way to track all-time leaders in stats?

Before telling me it doesn't matter since I don't own the game, let me make it clear that I am finally getting to the point of needing (and not just wanting) a better computer and am just waiting on Vista support.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Just a couple questions - 7/3/2007 2:56:40 PM   
garysorrell

There is no HOF, in game or 3rd party utility.

All stats by all players are stored in the league database. You can view team and individual stats in the game, current season and All Time. If im not mistaken, any retired players are listed with an asteric, not 100% sure.

I enjoy MaxFB, and while it doesnt have some of the features of the 'other' titles, it does have what David has always said it would have, and more.
I find the career mode far more immersive than any other football game i've played, including FBPRO.

I keep a separate database of all champions, playoff scores, retirements, and seasonal records. A little extra work, but it's fun to set up a database for my league, it allows me to print out an Almanac of sorts for each season.

(in reply to dophin26)
Post #: 2
RE: Just a couple questions - 7/3/2007 2:58:44 PM   
garysorrell

What is it that prevents you from installing a new card in your Dell? I put one in my wifes Dell and ran Max on that before I built my current PC.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Just a couple questions - 7/3/2007 8:23:28 PM   
Marauders

quote:

I've followed this game since day one (or maybe two), but I haven't purchased it yet for a number of reasons- the most important being my Dell's graphics card isn't good enough and I can't put one in that is.

Many Dell's have the AGP or PCIe slot removed, and the Intel intergrated graphics are lacking.  There are plenty of PCI cards that will work though.

Last Autumn, I installed a nice little GeForce 6200 on my son's old computer that uses PCI, and it will run Maximum-Football fine under Windows XP.  The PCI slot does bottleneck some, but the machine will run the game at full speed with some of the features turned down a bit.

People who own laptops often make similar adjustments.

quote:

So, my questions are: is there a Hall-of-Fame in the game, either directly or via 3rd party yet and is there a way to track all-time leaders in stats?

There is no Hall-Of-Fame, but that doesn't mean the game will not have it at some point.  One thing to consider is that each league will need its own Hall-Of-Fame, and the rules for each league will differ.  It isn't as simple as having a Hall-Of-Fame for a single league based game.

The stats are kept in a database, so they should be able to be tracked over time.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 4
RE: Just a couple questions - 7/3/2007 10:35:36 PM   
David Winter

Hi

quote:

One thing that struck me, however, is that 2k5 is missing a few things FPS had- all-time stats (through a 3rd party) and a hall-of-fame. After playing a ton of games in 2k5, when players retire, their stats delete, plus there is no all-time leaders or Hall-of-Fame

The current version, as well as version 1.5 being developed, has all time stats for players and teams. Retired players are not deleted from the database but they're noted with an [R] after their name. The 'all time leaders' is pretty much there by default as you can view the full history of the league and sort the lists however you like. So, for example, you can see the all time leader in pass attempts, by going to that history page and sorting by that column. Perhaps you were thinking of something else?

A HOF could be something I look into building, but I think it would be challenging to accomplish. Given the games ability to adjust so much of a leagues style of play, and given that HOF inductees are usually voted in, it would be a challenge to build a system that could create a HOF.

Version 1.5 does have an almanac for past champions and defunct teams, but it's a pretty simple presentation.

quote:

a better computer and am just waiting on Vista support.

Verison 1.5 does work on vista. One of my core testing machines is an ACER laptop with an ATI 1100 Xpress graphics card & running Vista Premium. The advice I would give to you if you're planning on going the vista route is to get a high end computer (if you can afford it). If the clerk asks you want you plan on doing with the machine, tell them you're playing video games. That will hopefully give them the hint to point you towards a computer that can keep up with both vista and the game. The bottom line is that the same computer will run the game better if XP is installed as opposed to vista. 

thanks
David

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Just a couple questions - 7/7/2007 10:55:38 PM   
dophin26

Thanks everyone for both the info on the game and Vista. I am not a computer genius and when I last had a problem, I asked the guy who fixed it if I could put in one of the latest cards and he said no, due to the style (not a tower, but the kind the monitor sits on), space and compatibility (apparently, there was no where it could go).

Anyway, I would rather just get a machine with XP on it, but I am likely going to buy through a big box store and they don't seem to support XP anymore.

Never thought about all the different leagues and having to configure a "hall" for all of them- that would be a challenge. I didn't know if any 3rd party had done one. On that note, are there many 3rd party utils out at all for this game? Not a big deal, as it seems to have what is needed in-game, but I was just wondering if any other programmers had sunk their teeth into it.

Gary- didn't you used to make them for fps98? I know I purchased licenses/utils form several different people back then for my leagues and your name rings a bell.

Thanks again. I look forward to playing!

< Message edited by dophin26 -- 7/7/2007 10:58:20 PM >

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
RE: Just a couple questions - 7/8/2007 12:19:46 AM   
garysorrell

No, you may be thinking of Gelat, or some other guys. I did belong to a number of FBpro leagues and even ran a couple for a short time.

I think We will eventually see some good utilities for Max. Lets face it, for FBpro, they had to crack code for some of the stuff. David makes sure its all dumped into databases, ripe for the manipulating.

My biggest issue has just been learning how to use Excel and the other office type programs. Never used them before, so im starting fresh.

My previous PC was my wifes Dell. A standard issue rig. They will generally run Max just fine if you add a graphics card. Her Dell just had a couple PCI slots, so I grabbed a Geforce 256meg from CompUSA for $75.
That Geforce card is now in my new rig, but is now the bottleneck. I have dual AMD chips, and PCIe slots.....so its definately holding me back. But it still runs it fine, so until I can afford a new one, it will have to do

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 7/8/2007 12:23:15 AM >

(in reply to dophin26)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Just a couple questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI