Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Serious problem with multiplayer v1.2.26

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Serious problem with multiplayer v1.2.26 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serious problem with multiplayer v1.2.26 - 7/10/2007 1:55:09 PM   
SS_KONIG

I have found a serious problem with v1.2.26 that i expect the beta testers have overlooked only when in multiplayer remote game .

If you are the server/host of the game everything appears to work ok apart from the occasional game lock ups during detailed battle.

If however you have joined the game as an opponent of the server/host then certain important functions of the game dont work!

1 When you change the action of a Diplomat from say "Spy" to "Charm" or any other order, the order reverts back to "Spy" when you hit end turn making it impossible to change your Diplomats orders.

2 When changing your armys orders from say "Charge the Walls" to "Fire at the Walls" the same problem as explained above occurs.

3 A similar problem is also occuring when you tell your army to "Force march" or "forage" etc
Post #: 1
RE: Serious problem with multiplayer v1.2.26 - 7/11/2007 7:45:30 PM   
Russian Guard

Sadly, these are known issues. I have 5 other dedicated players of this game and we tried everything under the sun to play this game TCP/IP - too many problems, not the least of which, simply way too long for turns to process (even large Quick Battles dragged on for 5+ minutes).

I am hoping that these issues are fixed with the expansion pack, but have my doubts. These flaws seem fundamental to the code and design, and would require a lot of work to fix - not sure that's in the budget for this game anymore (yes, I am reading minds and making assumptions - but they are based in sound logic and game design experience).

Still a great single-player game though - in fact I recently booted it up again after many months, and enjoyed playing.

(in reply to SS_KONIG)
Post #: 2
RE: Serious problem with multiplayer v1.2.26 - 7/11/2007 8:59:07 PM   
jimwinsor

Well, call me a wishful thinking optimist, but I do hope they get the multi-player problems licked in COG2...single player is indeed fun fun fun, but a smooth running multi-player game vs. fellow humans would be awesome IMO. 

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 3
RE: Serious problem with multiplayer v1.2.26 - 7/11/2007 11:57:20 PM   
Russian Guard

Believe me, I hope you are right.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Serious problem with multiplayer v1.2.26 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI