Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Runtime error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Runtime error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Runtime error - 1/9/2008 4:47:41 AM   
trsj

I'm playing a PBEM game as the USSR. All players are using 1.011. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (2002). During the third turn, while playing the USSR, I open my turn, strategically move a unit, after which I get a "runtime error." The dialog box reads, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" with some additional info. about closing in an unusual way. Can you help me with this? It happened twice at the exact same point. Thanks much.
Post #: 1
RE: Runtime error - 1/16/2008 3:05:31 AM   
trsj

Never mind, I kept trying and the game finally let me play my turn. However, I don't know why this happened.

(in reply to trsj)
Post #: 2
RE: Runtime error - 3/6/2008 7:56:15 PM   
wolf4

I think I have more or less the same problem. I am also using a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (2002). After saving one or two games, on the next time I click on the save button in order to see the list of saved games, I get the "Runtime Error!" message. After that I cannot continue with the game; everything "freezes".

Just wondering whether you have found a solution to the problem by now or are we all going to continue stumbling around in the dark with this one until a future patch - hopefully - fixes the problem.

Thanks for your input and sorry about your problem if you still have it.

Being a wolf I should be used to a bit of "freezing" moments, but sunny moments in gaming I do prefer.

(in reply to trsj)
Post #: 3
RE: Runtime error - 3/6/2008 8:45:45 PM   
GKar

Did you update recently and/or try to load games saved with an older game version? Try removing all content of the \dat\save folder (backups never hurt ) and see if you can save and load from then on.

(in reply to wolf4)
Post #: 4
RE: Runtime error - 3/7/2008 2:10:23 AM   
trsj

My runtime error occurred after I updated.  My "fix" was to shut down my computer completely, not just hitting restart.  I researched other runtime correction options, but they weren't helpful.  So, every once in a while when I get a runtime error I shut my computer down once or twice (several sites advised this was an option) and then the game seemed to work for a while.  Not very elegant, but I'm not in I.T. 

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 5
RE: Runtime error - 4/7/2008 8:55:28 PM   
revalry

I am having the exact same problem with the C+++ error. It is pissing me off. Does anyone have fix for this piece of **** patch>???

(in reply to trsj)
Post #: 6
RE: Runtime error - 4/7/2008 9:01:41 PM   
revalry

I found the problem. Someone stated that if you go into the DAT file and delete all your old saved games it could work. I did that and deleted everything saved in the DAT file. I tried a practice PBEM run and it worked!!!!

(in reply to trsj)
Post #: 7
RE: Runtime error - 4/25/2008 6:56:03 AM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: revalry
I found the problem. Someone stated that if you go into the DAT file and delete all your old saved games it could work. I did that and deleted everything saved in the DAT file. I tried a practice PBEM run and it worked!!!!

Sorry you had trouble. This is a known problem, not expected to be fixed (other than users deleting saves). The reason it won't be fixed is that it would require a change to the save file format, which would invalidate all saves in the future.

(in reply to revalry)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Runtime error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI