Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Some questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions... - 7/19/2007 6:56:44 PM   
Alexander Seil

Just played the demo...Nice Very playable and intriguing (especially the massive variety of unit types). However, I've got some questions for those with the full version -

First of, what is the Mexican Army good for? The Manual mentions entry rules for France/UK, but nothing about Mexico (maybe I missed it).

Second, what are the Indians good for?

Thirdly, what are colored units good for? I assume that there are special rules for their formation? Can Confederacy eventually raise them as well?
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions... - 7/19/2007 8:23:28 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alexander Seil

First of, what is the Mexican Army good for? The Manual mentions entry rules for France/UK, but nothing about Mexico (maybe I missed it).

Very little unless France/UK are active. I haven't had that happen yet.

quote:

Second, what are the Indians good for?

Fast cavalry mostly. The area they are deployed in is large and usually has low troop density.

quote:

Thirdly, what are colored units good for? I assume that there are special rules for their formation? Can Confederacy eventually raise them as well?

Same as other infantry. You are allowed to emancipate/recruit at a certain point. As to the CSA, I'd assume so, but I haven't played a scenario as far as that w/ them.

(in reply to Alexander Seil)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions... - 7/20/2007 12:35:41 AM   
Alexander Seil

Thank you. So, under what circumstances could one get Indian units, or activate Mexico? It seems that Mexico is assumed to be pro-Union at the beginning...does that change with European intervention, which historically started in 1864?

< Message edited by Alexander Seil -- 7/20/2007 12:36:34 AM >

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions... - 7/20/2007 1:24:58 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alexander Seil

Thank you. So, under what circumstances could one get Indian units, or activate Mexico? It seems that Mexico is assumed to be pro-Union at the beginning...does that change with European intervention, which historically started in 1864?

The French intervene in Mexico in 1861 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_intervention_in_Mexico) as an event and capture a costal city (forget the name) and then become fixed. If France intervenes in the Civil War, then both Mexican and French forces in Mexico become unlocked and usable by both sides.

Indians only appear by event I think. I don’t think you can actually build them, and I’m not sure if a destroyed Indian unit can be rebuilt or not.

Jim

(in reply to Alexander Seil)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Some questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI