Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still Don't Know Again2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Still Don't Know Again2 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/12/2007 10:22:31 AM   
grog45

This is the second message I get and I have no clue how to fix this

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/12/2007 3:50:59 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

When you get this window; it's the same thing as if you're having car trouble. There are lots of little things that could be wrong so you need to go through a mini checklist and see what the problem is...

Let's take this with a few questions at a time:

Where it reads Total Roster Players: ##. Is that number blue? If it's red that you have either too many or too few. That figure should be either 35, 50, 55 or 60. Any deviation from that would cause a problem. Your totals from your major league team PLUS your minor league team PLUS your players on the DL should add up to the roster size you set for your association. It's entirely possible you signed too many people or not enough, traded away too many players or traded for too many.

From your Manage Roster screen, does your Starters window (upper right-hand side) show 4- or 5- man, and do you have only that many pitchers there?

In the Relief box just underneath Starters, there should not be a space between pitchers. For example, you can't have someone in slot 1, slot 2, no one in slot 3, someone in slot 4, etc. If you have 5 relievers let's say, they should fill slots 1-5. If you have 6, they should fill 1-6, there should be no spaces or gaps from one slot to the next.

Make sure you have someone in the closer slot.

Now check your lineup, do you have a player assigned to every position? In both the vsL and vsR sides?

Share your answers to these questions and then we can proceed to what else the game may be seeing as 'wrong'.

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 7/12/2007 3:51:57 PM >

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 2
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/12/2007 7:47:14 PM   
grog45

Thanks for looking into this.

In regards to question one, I chose 35 players (25 Majors/10 Minors) That number is blue.

In regards to question 2, Yes I have a 5 man rotation and there are 5 pitchers there.

In regards to question 3, There is no space between pitchers in the Relief Box

In regards to question 4, There is a pitcher in the closer spot.

In regards to question 5, There is a player assigned to every position for vsL and vsR.

If you want I can email you a copy of the roster screen.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 3
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/12/2007 8:24:11 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Actually, yes. Would you mind sending the screenshot? Just be sure that everything is included. Send it to me at: demagor@verizon.net

I think I may know one other little issue, but it's easier to point out if I can SEE the screen instead of trying to describe it here.

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 4
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/13/2007 12:22:52 AM   
DonBraswell

Under the roster size button click on 5 man rotation.
Don

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 5
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/13/2007 1:21:42 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Don,

He's got a 5-man roster already set up, and 5 men already assigned.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 6
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/13/2007 1:22:08 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

grog,

I think I know what may solve your problem. What I'm going to tell you to do will not harm your team, but it may totally scramble your pitchers and where they are. So, write down your pitchers and where you want them (i.e. starters vs. relievers, etc.) on a piece of paper. Then, select the Autogen Rotation button. When it asks if you are sure, click YES.

It'll take just a moment and when it's done, try to play a game and see if you still get that error. Please let me know how that works out.

Post #: 7
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 1:57:39 AM   
grog45

Sorry, but I still have the same problem. Also, when I get those 2 screens popping up I have to shut down Pure Sim using the task manager because I can't get out of the game.

Post #: 8
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 2:08:41 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

grog,

Can you use 7-ZIP to compress the file then email it to me at demagor@verizon.net? I'd like to take a look at it.

If you can't email something that large, then use www.sendthisfile.com to send it to me; I'm under demagor@verizon.net

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 7/14/2007 2:11:01 AM >

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 9
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 2:22:41 AM   
grog45

What file do you want???? Is it the PSA file for the league I created???? I think thats what you want so I'll send you that.

Post #: 10
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 2:50:01 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Sorry, grog. I should have been more specific. Yes, please. Just the .PSA file. Thanks!

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 11
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 3:52:12 AM   
grog45

Thats what I emailed you

Post #: 12
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 5:43:35 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

grog,

Do you have "Modern Closer Usage" turned off? I noticed that when I opted to AUTOGEN ROTATION, it didn't place a closer in the closer slot. This leads me to think that you don't have the "Modern Closer Usage" on. If so, placing a closer in the closer slot, when the association does not (to a degree) recognize what a closer is, created the problem.

I vacated the closer and placed them with the relievers. I tried to sim and it all worked out.

No charge, this time.

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 13
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 5:46:18 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

...oh, and by the way, you won:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 14
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 7:49:49 AM   
grog45

Thanks for the info!!!! How do I turn that feature on (MODERN CLOSER USER ON)???? I can't find how to do it anywhere.

< Message edited by grog45 -- 7/14/2007 8:11:19 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 9:05:00 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Well, here's where the bad news comes in. I do not believe there is a way to pull this off. This is a feature that (as far as I am aware of) can only be abled and disabled during the association setup screen.

I think that you can get into the PSA file using MS Access and change the setting. Before I even bother looking for it, do you have MS Access or, pardon the pun, access to MS Access? I believe that with the CE updates, Shaun "opened" the PSAs so that you could look at them with MS Access. I recall, when being instructed by someone on how to change an association name, that lots of TRUE/FALSE settings were available in there. Modern Closer Usage may be one of them.

Before I go too in depth with this, do you have MS Access or can you get to it?

(edit) OR, you could just take the easy road and either (1) play with your association and just not use a closer or (2) start the association over from scratch, and make sure it's turned ON the next time around. I'd opt for #1, but that's just me.

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 7/14/2007 9:06:30 AM >

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 16
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/14/2007 3:52:29 PM   
grog45

I really don't like Microsoft programs and went I went to download it it was for a trial version and the file was over 300MB. I'd rather not install that big of a program just to correct one thing. It would be nice if Shaun could fix that for me. I did send him my PSA file about a week ago but he never made a comment on that.  Is there a way to start a new association but keep all the players that I have already created????
Also, if I unlock the players and redo the pitching rotation I am able to play in manager mode but how come it doesn't say an invalid roster for the computer controlled team???? It seems strange that the computer controlled team can have locked players, pitchers and closer but the team I manage can not.

Post #: 17
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 12:01:58 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

What version is your game, grog?

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 18
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 1:35:26 AM   
grog45

Its Community Edition Release Number 5

Post #: 19
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 1:59:02 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: grog45

Its Community Edition Release Number 5

Upgrade, man. Version 1.6 is pretty good.

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 20
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 2:34:59 AM   
CrashDavis

Grog,
if you are interested in being a beta tester for a PureSim utility, I have the utility to let you have access to turn on/off the ModernCloser feature.

If interested, send me an e-mail (steven.lucey@insightbb.com) and give me your e-mail address. I'll get back to you with the link to download the utility and instructions on how to change the ModernCloser setting.

P.S. I'll need a couple days to put the instructions together as I have not bothered to write them down in advance for this utility.

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 21
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 2:59:16 AM   
grog45

I don't know if I want to upgrade to that or not. I still haven't been able
to play one game yet. I already did several updates when I had to reinstall the program.
If I can't get what I have now to work I don't even want to try with a newer program.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 22
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 5:22:59 AM   
Bustoff

CrashDavis, out of curiosity, which table is the ModernCloser field in? I can't find it. Thanks.

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 23
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 4:29:15 PM   
CrashDavis

It is located in the WORLD table. All fields in that table are global config settings that will affect every team (Injuries, Trades, Finances, Closer, PlayerAffinity, InSeasonRatingsChanges, etc). Pretty much all the config settings you had the opportunity to set when you created the association.

< Message edited by CrashDavis -- 7/15/2007 4:31:47 PM >

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 24
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/15/2007 10:18:25 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

grog,

Let me see if I can download the association again. I'll use MS Access to turn the Modern Closer option on, then I'll send the PSA back to you. That ought to do it.

Also note that as frustrating and work-intensive as this may all be, it's effectively something brought about by a headstrong charge into a program that you were not all that familiar with. Selecting this option and that, without fully knowing the impact they may have is, to be fair, not really the game's fault. I only point this out because it's appearing from the 'tone' of your recent posts that you're about to trash the game again.

I speak from first-hand knowledge. It's not the game's fault that when I created a replay association of my own, I chose 35-man rosters. Sure I would have preferred more, but if I find out AFTER the game's begun and now I can't change it, I really have no basis to blame the game. It's a choice that I made and one I must deal with. Fortunately, I received an editing program from Crash that lets me correct this (which I apologize to you Crash for not testing it just yet-- I'll do so this week and share the results). Anyway, in this particular scenario, it's more of a "don't hate the game, hate the player".

=o)

PS- My apologies in getting all 'ghetto' in my quoting.

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 25
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/16/2007 1:06:45 AM   
CrashDavis

quote:

which I apologize to you Crash for not testing it just yet-- I'll do so this week and share the results

I'm on a different beta version now than the one you got about a month ago. If you want to test it, shoot me an
e-mail and I'll get back to you.

Post #: 26
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/16/2007 3:38:46 AM   
grog45

Can someone please tell me if I am able to keep all the players I made and am I able
to use them if I create a new association???? I really want to play this game so if
I'm not able to do the above I'll just start over from scratch.
Also, do your minor league players have to be setup up a certain way???? I just created
or added players there so that my roster would equal 35. I really don't plan on using them.

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 27
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/16/2007 7:03:33 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

grog,

As far as I know, there are no requirements for minor leaguers, their placement, etc. So long as you have enough there to complete your roster requirements, you should be fine. You can place them all in AAA, AA or A if you wanted to- or split them up evenly, or have only pitchers, or have all catchers; the game won't care. This is all assuming you have no intention to ever use them, of course. Otherwise, more than 2 catchers in one level will significantly hinder their development; frankly, I try to avoid putting even more than 1 per level.

As far as if you can play the association, give me a few days. As soon as I can set some time aside, I'll try and re-download your association and use Access to make that change.

Alternately, I'll contact Crash to see if I can use his utility and beta-test it on your association too. Sort of a "two birds with one stone" scenario...

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 28
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/16/2007 7:10:47 AM   
grog45

I can start playing games now!!!! I used the utility that CRASH made but I had to do opposite what he said in the instructions. He said to replace the word TRUE with FALSE under the CLOSER FIELD but it already was set to
FALSE. As an experiment I changed it to TRUE and now I have no problems at all. Do you use PayPal????
I would like to send you and CRASH alittle money for helping me out with my game problems.

Post #: 29
RE: Still Don't Know Again2 - 7/17/2007 4:04:37 AM   
CrashDavis

No donation necessary Grog. Glad it worked for you.

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Still Don't Know Again2 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI