Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiple Appearances in Program List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Multiple Appearances in Program List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple Appearances in Program List - 7/20/2007 12:00:23 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

I remember reading from someone where they were having difficulty with the program, and even though it was eventually fixed, they found that in the program list found through Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, there were several instances of Puresim shown.

I was just doing some spring cleaning on my work PC and I found that even though I have installed and run one instance of the game, from Control Panel, I actually see about 6 of them. The first one shows its been run 'frequently', while the other 5 say 'rarely'. However, when I began to uninstall one of the clones, it sure looked a lot like I was uninstalling the main game.

Is there a fix to get rid of these duplicates?

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple Appearances in Program List - 7/20/2007 8:14:51 PM   
Bustoff

I see the same thing, and I am sure others do as well. I would wager there's a bit of a Catch-22 here. If you uninstall PS from Add/Remove programs, that may make one of the entries disappear, but what about the others? Without a program to uninstall, I doubt if you can get them to go away. And if you reinstall, this is going to add another one to the list.

This is harmless, but it's messy to have so many entries for a single program. Any ideas, anyone? Shaun?

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple Appearances in Program List - 7/21/2007 12:52:33 AM   
KG Erwin

It's a registry issue. I've had the same problem with separate registry listings for different versions of SPWaW. Each time you upgrade, it creates a new one.

I think there are programs out there that allow you to delete invalid registry listings, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to fool with them.

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiple Appearances in Program List - 7/21/2007 6:24:00 AM   
DonBraswell

I purchased Tune up utilities from the web site below. It does alot of good things, one of them is remove duplicate entries.

http://www.tune-up.com/

Don

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Multiple Appearances in Program List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI