Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Day 2 Firestorm campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Day 2 Firestorm campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Day 2 Firestorm campaign - 7/15/2007 1:15:38 AM   
Robert0288

Score: 0
I've reached day 2 of the firestorm capaign and right now using the Stormwind, the mission that i'm stuck on is that i'm supposed to defend the consular starship. I can pretty much take out everything that comes at it except for the last 4 fighters or so. Ended up calling in every cap ship on the map, fighters and nothing could hit them as they run around at really highspeed, and seem invincible to my guns. Is there anyway to kill them, or is the ship supposed to die?

other question, if i turn off everything else except the guns in the engineering screen will that let the guns shoot consistantly at highspeed?
Post #: 1
RE: Day 2 Firestorm campaign - 7/15/2007 7:35:38 PM   
Valdore

You should try and change the physics settings in teh game options screen. You are probably on arcade style, if you switch to a more realistic setting (forget what they are called) the enemy fighters won't be able to turn so fast. This is the same thing I did and it worked well, you just have to be more careful piloting your Stormwind as it will not slow down and turn as easily. As for the weapons energy question, I have no idea. Sorry. Good luck hope it helps.

(in reply to Robert0288)
Post #: 2
RE: Day 2 Firestorm campaign - 7/16/2007 12:01:40 PM   
Zanthras

The Zolon consular ship is scripted to die. I have saved it before, but it is still recorded as a loss.

"Don't give up the ship!"
-Captain James Lawrence

(in reply to Valdore)
Post #: 3
RE: Day 2 Firestorm campaign - 7/17/2007 2:12:23 AM   
Robert0288

ok thanks, it was pretty funny watching a carrier 6 destroyers and 4 cruisers trying to kill 1 frigate who was slowly eating through the shields

(in reply to Zanthras)
Post #: 4
RE: Day 2 Firestorm campaign - 7/23/2007 1:14:21 PM   
Dragonlead

On the guns question, no. They have a specific energy consumption rate per firing and a specific capacity. This comes into play only if you design a particularly weak power plant on a custom ship.

V/R

USAF Ret.

(in reply to Robert0288)
Post #: 5
RE: Day 2 Firestorm campaign - 8/9/2007 4:29:12 PM   
Player 5

heh.. . i did that mission and one of the fighters got stuck against the ship and my shots just hit the shields of the consular ship. . . i think i mistakenly rammed it in the end. . . but yea that mission sux(except for the destroyers)

(in reply to Dragonlead)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Day 2 Firestorm campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI