Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Engineer units (Rail and Navy) Usage?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Engineer units (Rail and Navy) Usage? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Engineer units (Rail and Navy) Usage? - 8/31/2007 11:41:46 PM   
sven6345789

What are these units for; is there a way to find out about them before building them; i have not found any information up to now
another question; what exactly are sailors or Marines for ( Yes i know all you veterans of the marine corps; answer to the second part is, if you meet one, you will know); i mean in the game?

just answered part of my questions myself (sometimes reading a forum really helps)

Still one left though: Is there any way to get information about the different special abilities of the different units before you buy them (something like a unit dictionary or the like?
reagrding sailors and marine units: do i get it right that they have advantages in river and amphibious combat?

< Message edited by sven6345789 -- 8/31/2007 11:53:07 PM >

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Post #: 1
RE: Engineer units (Rail and Navy) Usage? - 9/1/2007 4:55:05 AM   
madgamer2

you might try the list in the back of the manual :-)

Madgamer

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 2
RE: Engineer units (Rail and Navy) Usage? - 9/1/2007 3:28:52 PM   
sven6345789

I think you don't understand me. I know the list in the manual. i know what the special abilities are for. But what i cannot find out is what units have them. For example, lets say we do not have a single sharpshooter on the map. How would i know what a sharpshooter is for? i mean sure it is selfexplanatory, but an engineer? or sailor? How about adding something like a tolltip which gives you some information about the unit before you buy it?

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 3
RE: Engineer units (Rail and Navy) Usage? - 9/1/2007 9:21:50 PM   
madgamer2

Ok O get you now.  AS far as telling what units come with what.  A close exam of the reinforcement page will show you that certain units arrive with reg. of such things as sharpshooters.  It would be nice to have a place that describes what different special units like navel Eng. do.  I can tell you that sailor units hwelp units like corps cross rivers quicker and navel eng. speed up repairs to ships. 
Perhaps we might get something like a unit table to tell us about special unit types and abilities.   If a unit has an Icon you can get a tool tip but there is no listing per say about the different unit typed.

Madgamer

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Engineer units (Rail and Navy) Usage? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI