Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uniform editing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> Uniform editing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uniform editing - 9/13/2007 11:40:56 PM   
simmer

Does anyone know how to get a metalic effect on the helmets. I am using Paint Shop Pro 8. When I see them in the game they appear to have a little shine. I would like to see them appear as you see them in real time. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Uniform editing - 9/15/2007 12:45:38 AM   
simmer

Anyone?????????

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Uniform editing - 9/15/2007 1:18:43 AM   
nmleague

I tried to do this awhile ago, before I realized that the game does try to but a shine on the helmets, not always successfully.  Here is what I did, put the base color on the helmet, then used the spray tool, with white, used a vary sparse spray and hit the helmet on time.  Was trying to get a silver look, I think for an Ohio State helmet.  Anyway in the game it did look kind of like a metalic paint job on the helmet.  I have to agree any metal colors like gold, silver etc. are hard to get to look right in the game.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Uniform editing - 9/15/2007 5:22:20 AM   
simmer

Thanks for you help....Maybe with .20 this could be achieved???????????

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 4
RE: Uniform editing - 9/16/2007 11:16:11 PM   
bassman58

You can try making a metallic layer by making a layer above the helmet and filling it with a light gray. Add some noise and a gaussian blur to the layer. Set the layer to overlay. Adjust the opacity to give the illusion of a metallic finish. You can also duplicate the overlay layer and change it to multiply. Adjust the opacity of both layers. Dark and light helmets will have different setting. Experiment with the opacity and by turing off the multiply layer.

Just so everybody understands. You have the base color. Then logos/stripes. Then the overlay, Then the multiply.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Uniform editing - 9/16/2007 11:35:28 PM   
nmleague

Thanks Bassman, need to try that on a few helmets.

(in reply to bassman58)
Post #: 6
RE: Uniform editing - 9/19/2007 4:41:09 AM   
simmer

Thanks Bassman I used noise effects and it looks great.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 7
RE: Uniform editing - 9/19/2007 8:44:14 PM   
bassman58

You're welcome guys. I learned that technique painting cars for NASCAR Racing Season 2003, rFactor and GTR2. I've used it when making pants for the Cowboys and 49'ers.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 8
RE: Uniform editing - 9/20/2007 8:45:43 AM   
simmer

Bassman, can you explain in steps how I get a metalic gold finsh. When I open layer in paint shop pro I then double click on properties. I am confused from that point. I think what your saying is to scroll down to overlay. What do I do from there? There is so many options. I am using Paint Shop Pro 8. I see gray, green, blue, and green channels in two seperate areas. When I use this the helmet has a gray and white checker pattern, and this appears in the player viewer and the game. Thanks

< Message edited by simmer -- 9/20/2007 2:37:20 PM >

(in reply to bassman58)
Post #: 9
RE: Uniform editing - 9/20/2007 9:32:23 PM   
bassman58

simmer,
I can help you out but I have a little problem. I had a hard drive malfunction. It was the drive with all of my editing for Maximum Football, MVP Baseball 2005, NBA Live, NASCAR Racing 2003, GTR2 and rFactor. I lost all templates, all created uniforms and cars and all logos. I just got Windows XP up and running and I went to MaxFB to download my old templates. Unfortunately these are just basic templates. I had added a lot more layers to my own personal template. So I think what I'll do is make a short tutorial that you can use (plus anybody else). I find that a few pictures really help. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll make a tute in PDF format.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Uniform editing - 9/21/2007 3:42:00 AM   
Tbird

Shiny helmets sometimes end up looking like decals on the helmet because the glare never moves when the player moves

(in reply to bassman58)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> Uniform editing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI