Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DR download speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> DR download speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DR download speed - 9/11/2007 11:59:18 PM   
Bombur

Just bought Harpoon III. Despite the fact I have a 1Mbps cable connection, the download went at an agonizing speed of 13kb/s. Made some tests with my connection, downloading from other sites and it´s all ok. While downloading a small game it was a minor inconvenience, but it can de disastrous with a larger game. The last two I bought after my connection was upgraded (Campaign series and TOAW III) went very well. Any explanation?
Post #: 1
RE: DR download speed - 9/12/2007 2:27:09 AM   
Hertston

You might want to check out Erik's post in the "digital DL fails multiple times thread". I think what it comes down to is they have more than enough bandwidth, but even if everything is OK at the purchaser's end there are still plenty of places in between where things could get slowed down. Personally with my game count well into double figures I have yet to have a problem with a Matrix/DR download... not that it means other people couldn't have, of course.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 9/12/2007 2:28:00 AM >

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 2
RE: DR download speed - 9/12/2007 12:47:33 PM   
hadberz

Do a traceroute. That will show the weak links between you and them. I did one and hop 4 and 6 didn't do so well. Doubt there is anything they can do since they dont own those servers.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> DR download speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI