Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Little Interface Modification Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Little Interface Modification Request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Little Interface Modification Request - 9/27/2007 12:00:37 AM   
xor

First, let me thank you guys for your efforts regarding this title. I've been using it since the old Talonsoft days.

But there is one thing about the interface that has been bothering me for a long time: the scenario briefing screen. The viewable part is just too small for all the information, and the default interface choice of scrolling by just one line on mouseclick just seems inefficient. Could you guys just hook the pageup/pagedown buttons to this window? This would help me a lot.

My specific reason is that I have a pretty bad case of RSI, and I just have to minimize my mouse clicks. Normally I use a little utility program "mousetool" to do the clicking for me. But it just doesn't work very well on these TOAW menu buttons. I don't want to do any special pleading, but I think that providing multiple access routes to this crucial information would simply be a better, more ergonomic interface design choice. I know you can use the mouse wheel, but that's still cumbersome. And hooking up keyboard access couldn't be a whole lot of programming effort...

< Message edited by xor -- 9/27/2007 12:03:46 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Little Interface Modification Request - 9/27/2007 12:28:07 AM   
JAMiAM

Right-clicking on the buttons does exactly what you are asking for. Now...anything else we can help you with?

(in reply to xor)
Post #: 2
RE: Little Interface Modification Request - 9/27/2007 12:36:37 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

Right-clicking on the buttons does exactly what you are asking for. Now...anything else we can help you with?

Cool! I was going to say that I agree and I don't have RSI (whatever that is). Thanks for the tip!

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Little Interface Modification Request - 9/27/2007 1:31:20 AM   
xor

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM
Right-clicking on the buttons does exactly what you are asking for.

Almost (but still good to know, thanks for the heads-up). Except that, left or right, I only get a successful click rate of 10% or so with these menu buttons with my mouse clicking program. Whereas with keyboard keys I get 100%, so they are still preferable ergonomically.

But I just noticed that for whatever reason this translation works much better under wine/Linux (There I can substitute a key for a rightclick and get almost 100%). Which is good enough for me as long as you don't break wine support. :)

(Still, this kind of display seems like a natural choice for a pageup/pagedown hook).

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Little Interface Modification Request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI