Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Call to Arms

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Call to Arms Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Call to Arms - 10/6/2007 6:44:06 PM   
PyleDriver

If your a Civil War buff, then don't miss this one. Gary has done it agian. The research and development of this game has been outstanding. There is over 1000 leaders represented in this game, covering Infantry, Artillery, Cavalry, Naval and Administrative. Each leader has different levels of expertise in attack, defence, mobility, training, administrative abilities (building forts and supply depots), and mortality (ability to survive battles, illness or just old age). The map encumbers the entire Eastern United States from Texas to Maine and Minnesota to Flordia. Turns are in one month intervals, with adverse affects durning winter months. This game brings in two new and realistic aspects to wargaming, Initiative (abilitity of leaders to keep a chain of command, supply troops, battle the weather, in order launch an attack) and Reaction (opponents abillity to move and respond before combat resolution). Unit counters are numerous from Militia and Mounted units (which can be trained into Infantry and Cavalry), Artillery, Heavy Artillery, Transports, Gunboats, Crusers, and Ironclades. The Confederates can even build Raiders to break through the naval blocade. Supply plays a huge role in the game, from suppling troops in the field, creating militia, building forts and supply depots, and building raiders. The production cycle is another great part to this game. Balance of units types and cost can make a huge difference. Each unit type costs accordingly, example, Ironclads take nine months to produce where Artillery takes three. This is a dynamic game, where the Union has so many options. Where to focus his attacks; on the eastern front, western front, or amphibious invasions along the coast. With the fog of war the Confederate player can remain hidden and show up in force, or be fooled and have his forces out of position to react in time.

Jon Pyle
Alpha tester
Post #: 1
RE: Call to Arms - 10/7/2007 12:04:00 AM   
Duck Doc

This game sounds very exciting. While playing WaW/aWD I often wondered how great it would be to have a strategic Civil War game like it. Now it sounds like my dream has come true. Can't wait. The features you list make me drool!

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Call to Arms Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI