Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems with Titan of Steel Warring Suns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problems with Titan of Steel Warring Suns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with Titan of Steel Warring Suns - 10/10/2007 8:43:37 PM   
nukerextreme

Hi I just bought Titans of Steel Warring Suns and can't seem to get it to play everytime I click the play titan of sun game it won't start it keeps erroring TOS-WS has stopped working. I'm running windows vista home premium on an ACER athlon fx64 x2 processor 2.8ghz, 1gb ddr2 ram, 320gb sata hard drive, Nvidia 8600gt 256mb ddr3 video card don't think it would be a hardware issue so wtf could it be I admit I'm really starting to hate windows vista cause I think its the problemo with most of my games any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with Titan of Steel Warring Suns - 10/10/2007 8:48:27 PM   
Terl

It is most likely a Vista issue. Can you run in a compatibility mode like you could with XP?

(in reply to nukerextreme)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with Titan of Steel Warring Suns - 10/11/2007 4:06:40 AM   
nukerextreme

Yes I ran it in compatability modes for Windows XP service pack 2 all the way down to Windows 95 but still nothing I don't know how to run it in windowed mode has no options for that as I can see I saw someone got it working by doing that maybe this will help I have the Tos_ws_log file which shows these errors

CC  [Tue Jun 24 18:46:42 2003]
Error initialising sound: Failed to init digital sound driver

CC  [Tue Jun 24 18:46:42 2003]
CC:Sound initialization failed!

CC  [Tue Jun 24 18:46:59 2003]
CC:Sound initialization failed!

CC  [Tue Jun 24 19:44:08 2003]
Error while initializing/loading AVI-File <Error initializing video decompressor!>: images/TOS_Intro.avi
CC  [Tue Jun 24 19:45:11 2003]
Error while initializing/loading AVI-File <Error initializing video decompressor!>: images/TOS_Intro.avi

My sound is working fine for all other applications and games don't know how that can be that the sound won't work but there it is can anyone help me run my game it won't start at all would appreciate it very much?

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems with Titan of Steel Warring Suns - 10/11/2007 5:41:04 AM   
nukerextreme

Gosh I'm an idiot I just downloaded the newest 1.2 patch for the game and it fixed the issue now the game starts fine on this crap vista os sorry for not trying that sooner and thanks for the help guys your awesome for your assistance Kudos!

(in reply to nukerextreme)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problems with Titan of Steel Warring Suns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI