Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign - 10/31/2007 6:56:29 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Listen up, lads!

The "Desert Rats" campaign is finally ready! After 2 long years of work, numerous revisions, and changes of personnel and concepts, the project is finished.

Sort of.

You see, this is a different sort of campaign than others you are familiar with: it comes in "chapters", which allows for part of the campaign to be released and played while another part is being designed and tested. Additionally, you will have the option at times to follow different regiments and fight battles pertinent to those units.

The campaign focuses on the British 7th Armoured Division and its armoured units; you will begin in Palestine with the 11th Hussars, an armoured car regiment, and will travel to the Western Desert, where you may continue as the Hussars, or switch to the 7th Hussars, a light tank regiment. Later on, you may decide to take command of a squadron of Matildas in the 7th Royal Tank Regiment. Each of these "branches" has its own set of battles; some will be similar between two of the branches, where both units were involved in the same battle.

Your "core force" will be limited to an Armoured Car Squadron of 17 cars, of mixed types, in 1936. You will be given oppurtunities along the way to upgrade these; any time a "switch" of regiments is made, you will be given enough resources to completely re-equip your core with the appropriate vehicles.

This first Chapter covers the beginnings of the 7th Armoured Division in Palestine, where the 11th Hussars assisted various infantry and cavalry units in the suppression of the revolt, and then moves to the opening shots in the Western Desert of Egypt and Libya during the summer of 1940. It will close with Operation COMPASS and the British rout of the Italians from Cyrenaica, ending with the collapse of the Itlians at Beda Fomm. Chapter Two, which is beginning design now, will cover the arrival of the Afrika Korps in early 1941, through the British retreat to El Alamein, and the march back across Libya to the final days in Tunisia.

The "Mod" file may be downloaded from this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mmhcb3r23n

EDIT: The file is in "SPM" Mod format, which is just a renamed ZIP file. It is designed to be used with the ModSwapper helper program included with your 8.2 SPWAW game install. Using this program allows you to temporarily install Mods into the game, then unistall them when you wish. In this case, the Campaign will be released in "Chapter" format, with Chapter Two taking up where One leaves off, allowing you to continue playing the campaign with the original core force.

< Message edited by FlashfyreSP -- 11/4/2007 8:55:14 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign - 11/1/2007 7:52:40 AM   
Huffy

WOW,...great...I thought this Camp was all but forgotten when Jess left for awhile . I am very glad to get this...and "Thank you" to all that had a part of it. i have a battle to finish testing first,...but when I get a chance...some beer and late night battles.
Huffy

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 2
RE: Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign - 11/4/2007 5:39:25 AM   
Mac67

Cheers for this! Now I have the motivation i needed to download SPWAW again.

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 3
RE: Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign - 11/4/2007 4:09:51 PM   
Wyke

Hi,
Don't want to sound too much like a compuer nubbins, which I am, but don't want to sound like one.
I've just downloaded the Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign but it seems to be in a strange format (SPM file).

So I'm guessing I need to download something else to unpack it all?

Any help will be appreciated

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 4
RE: Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign - 11/4/2007 4:28:08 PM   
Goblin

Drop it into the Mods folder inside the main folder, then install it using Modswapper.

Goblin

(in reply to Wyke)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Enhanced Desert Rats Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI