Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trade AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Trade AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trade AI - 10/26/2007 9:07:17 PM   
slider15

Has anyone ever had an AI team initiate a trade proposal and actually be offered a decent player in the exchange? I just noticed a trend whenever a computer team shows interest in one of my players, they always offer over the hil or just plain junk for my in his prime player. Just curious if others experience this or just me.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
Post #: 1
RE: Trade AI - 10/26/2007 9:29:59 PM   
BaseballNoob

How will you know if an opponent is offering a trade? Will you get some kind of notification?

(in reply to slider15)
Post #: 2
RE: Trade AI - 10/26/2007 10:01:45 PM   
slider15

Yes, you'll get a notification window that such and such a team is interested in such and such a player. You'll get some options to look at the player's card, and a couple of others then there is a yes you're interested and a no you're not at the bottom. If you choose yes then you go to the trade window, with your player already selected. Then it lists players it accepts for a 1 for 1 player deal. these are the ones that I am always less then thrilled with as I have never seen them even being close to equal for the player they are asking for.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

(in reply to BaseballNoob)
Post #: 3
RE: Trade AI - 10/26/2007 10:13:46 PM   
BaseballNoob

I'm not surprised that I haven't seen this part of the game. My team sucks and no one wants my garbage.

(in reply to slider15)
Post #: 4
RE: Trade AI - 10/27/2007 1:43:05 AM   
KG Erwin

The AI is pretty canny at trades, but I've found that the bait and switch can work.

Here's what you do: you dangle a high-value superstar to a particular team, and see what they offer. When the list pops up, then switch your offer to a lesser player. The AI will make a counteroffer.

Another tactic is to offer up an expendable player to several teams, to test the counteroffers.

Yet another is to split up deals with a particular team. A 2 for 2 might not be accepted, but separate 1 for 1 trades might work.

To me, it's not cheating the AI. However, a definite house rule is player-for-player trades, i.e., no 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 stuff. THAT, IMHO, is cheating the AI.

To sum up, practicing in the art of negotiation pays off.

Post #: 5
RE: Trade AI - 11/5/2007 11:39:24 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

I completely agree with KG's observations.

Something else I've tried is that instead of getting a person and trying to move THEM, change your perspective-- find the person you WANT and then see who the other team is willing to accept. This increases the probability that your trade will go through (since the AI is already telling you who they will accept).

Though I too do not like to do frequent 2-for-1 deals, the only time I will do so is by offering a GOOD second player. For example, if they show they need a 2nd baseman, I won't work up the list and offer the first bottom-of-the-barrel second baseman I have. I actually work from the top down, increasing the odds that the player I offer is of better quality; to me it's a little better way to approach the event. Sure, that's a lot of work, but then again that's why I don't do 2-to-1 trades often.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Trade AI - 11/6/2007 12:46:15 AM   
Bustoff

quote:

ORIGINAL: BaseballNoob

I'm not surprised that I haven't seen this part of the game. My team sucks and no one wants my garbage.

I have some serious talent on my teams--I run 5 different associations--and I'll bet it has been months of real time and many years of PS time since any other team has initiated a trade proposal for any of my players. It used to happen pretty frequently, and I don't know why it stopped.
Now that I have complained about this, I'll probably get 6 trade proposals tonight...

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

Post #: 7
RE: Trade AI - 11/6/2007 2:20:33 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

You know, now that you mention it, it's been about 2-3 PS years since I think anyone has made any offers. Frankly, I have about 5 players (the only few worth a damn) set at "Ignore All Trade Offers". So, I think the reason we haven't had any offers is because the only guys with any talent on the team aren't available.

When the team had a lot more, younger up-and-coming players, I received many more offers. Now that they're aging, reaching peak and passing it, their demand isn't what it used to be (not surprisingly, neither is their performance).

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Trade AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI