Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT).

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Mods and Scenarios >> Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). - 11/26/2007 10:55:52 PM   
lstp04

How exactly is weapon accuracy dealt with in CCMT (CC).

A weapon has a base accuracy rating (via the 512 chance scale). I noticed many weapons have somewhat around the same scores within this rating.

What else goes along with a soldier firing a weapon (and if there is a "hit" scored). How much effect does a teams "experience" and "morale" play a role??

Also, regarding a weapons base accuracy rating.....Being decided via the 512 chance scale.......If one is going to adjust this....can I simply put in ANY value I would like.....or is it best to put in a rating that correlates with a % from the chart itself?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). - 11/26/2007 11:11:28 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

A weapon has a base accuracy rating (via the 512 chance scale). I noticed many weapons have somewhat around the same scores within this rating.

Weapons have different accuracy on different ranges.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to lstp04)
Post #: 2
RE: Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). - 11/26/2007 11:17:33 PM   
lstp04

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

quote:

Weapons have different accuracy on different ranges.

Within the CCMT Data Worksheet - It shows each weapon starting off with a "base accuracy" (some value between 1-512). I would assume there is some type of formula that effects accuracy as ranges increase / decrease based off this "base accuracy".

But still.....that really doesn't answer my questions above. Thanks.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 3
RE: Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). - 11/29/2007 1:41:59 AM   
lstp04

Bump...

(in reply to lstp04)
Post #: 4
RE: Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). - 11/29/2007 1:54:41 AM   
Neil N

Your right, there probably is a formula...somewhere in the code.

Looking at columns AT-AX in the data workbook you will find the base accuracy numbers for each weapon. Reference those numbers with the numbers in the Chance512 table on the Reference Table worksheet of the workbook.  So if you look at the first weapon in the weapons list...M-240 Coax...the base accuracy for AP ammo is 431, or 95%.  So working from starting point of 95% chance of hitting what it aims at, that number is changed based on range to target, cover provided by the terrain element your target is located in, and protection provided by the terrain element your target is located in.  Not being a code guy, I'm sure there could be other factors that effect the final accuracy numbers.  Steve could probably offer a better explaination.

(in reply to lstp04)
Post #: 5
RE: Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). - 11/29/2007 6:54:44 AM   
zon

http://users.stargate.net/~mcconmy/probability.htm

(in reply to Neil N)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Mods and Scenarios >> Question regarding weapon accuracy (CCMT). Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI