Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Out-of-supply happens too fast ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Out-of-supply happens too fast ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Out-of-supply happens too fast ? - 11/17/2007 9:25:23 PM   
KarlXII

The out-of-supply rules (the units supply circle turns red!) seems a little bit too effective. It seems rather harsh to get totally out of supply in one single turn. If my spearheading tanks get out of supply there is no way to salvage them unless I plough myself to them with an rescue army. They can´t get away since movement is limited to 1 hex or even none. I would suggest that at least one turn should be passed to get out of supply so that your encircled units have one full movement chance to try to break it. Now everything just stops up suddenly if an enemy infantry just cut it. If you still think this effect should remain why not let the effectiveness drop more rapidly but still give the unit a little bit more movement. What do you other players think about this ?

And as an alternative why not let a strategic bomber the possibility to airlift supplies to an encircled unit which would get the unit full (or half?) supply immediatley and be able to take the move immediately. It would be counted like any other attack by the aircraft. The use of airdropped supply could bring another dimension to the game while being within the boundaries for what seems to be possible within the current ruleset.

Post #: 1
RE: Out-of-supply happens too fast ? - 11/18/2007 8:15:41 PM   
Vypuero

Keep your flanks secure

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 2
RE: Out-of-supply happens too fast ? - 11/18/2007 8:29:31 PM   
KarlXII

Well, that rule is valid for every game that depends on supply. But I am not sure I´ve seen any strategy game that makes your units so immobilized and vulnerable so fast as in CEAW. Why not let the effectiveness drop much faster instead ? Or let air units supply them ? Or at least force the enemy to hold the encirclement for one turn until the effects start.

(in reply to Vypuero)
Post #: 3
RE: Out-of-supply happens too fast ? - 11/19/2007 4:09:00 PM   
Vypuero

It seems to work, and I don't think they will be making any changes of that kind at this time.  You have a point, but I think you can say the same for the way it is now - you can still fight reasonably well you don't lose effectiveness that fast.

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 4
RE: Out-of-supply happens too fast ? - 11/19/2007 4:11:57 PM   
Irish Guards

I actually don't think it's a " protect your flank " issue ..
When Air power can reduce and even kill units its very easy to decimate a protecting unit .. then retreat the same unit with a very limited attack ...
So without even touching say a Full strength Armor unit .. or the " tip of the spear " ..
Said unit becomes out of supply very easily ...
IDG

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 5
RE: Out-of-supply happens too fast ? - 11/19/2007 4:26:01 PM   
KarlXII

The problem is not that I still can fight fairly well while being out-of-supply. Actually it seems the effect is quite slow to get surrounded units weak. I don´t think the effectiveness drops quick enough. However, the most annoying problem right now is the lack of movement on tanks for example that gets out-of-supply. I am for a stronger drop in effectiveness if I still can move a little more. It seems I don´t get even a chance to try to get out of the pot. After all it takes a while before units get totally out-of-supply in real life since they have a certain amount of spare supplies with them all the time.

OR make it as it is right now but let the effect start with full effect after 1 complete turn.

(in reply to Irish Guards)
Post #: 6
RE: Out-of-supply happens too fast ? - 11/19/2007 5:58:12 PM   
Syagrius

Its all good as it is.

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Out-of-supply happens too fast ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI