Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any possiblities of MP play?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Any possiblities of MP play? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any possiblities of MP play? - 11/27/2007 11:47:11 PM   
ETF

Well had to ask. Never have found a AI worth it's salt in 20 years of gaming.........maybe an add-on or the next version?

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Post #: 1
RE: Any possiblities of MP play? - 11/28/2007 2:29:50 AM   
TonyE

Looks like you read the other thread.  MP is always possible, just highly unlikely as it is a very big project despite Harpoon OnLine back in the day coming from the same codebase.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 2
RE: Any possiblities of MP play? - 11/28/2007 2:36:14 AM   
ETF

Pity so very little chance for the future

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Any possiblities of MP play? - 11/28/2007 2:52:55 AM   
TonyE

Money talks , believe me, MP is something I've wanted for a very long time, CV32 can verify that for you (and confirm hundreds of hours of effort already towards that goal, heck; neutrals and unknown sides in HCE are a direct result of my work towards MP). 

The facts are the facts though, this is a hobby beyond a 70+ hour regular workweek (at least when I haven't been in severe pain for 3+ months as I have been for 3.5 months now).  I'm the only active programmer, and the list of lesser flaws is very very long (and with all of you new players, the list for at least a while will grow faster than it shrinks).  Combine just those two factors and multiplayer is very far out. 

Add to it other constraints, participating in the forums (which I want to do), needing testers to test all of the changes (always a battle), and needing other people to help with the development of the ideas (like last night when all of HC3 was on IRC hammering out gun rules at the same time I was coding), putting in features requested from on high (SAR for one), and weighing the priorities of other big things (would logistics be better than MP, would an increase to the database size limit be better than logistics, what about ASW patrols that do something other than sit at the destination spot, etc.) and pretty soon MP becomes a distant dream.

Another rather saddening indicator is how little the H3ANW multiplayer servers that I run actually get used.  Quite a few people must own ANW but 90% percent of the games are only two player and one of those players is (almost) always the same guy (HermanHum).  In ANW's case everyone wants it, very few actually use it, disturbingly few!  That in whatever real or imagined way biases me against my natural extreme desire for HC multiplayer.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Any possiblities of MP play? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI