Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dialog Closing issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Dialog Closing issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dialog Closing issue - 11/26/2007 11:18:38 PM   
JudgeDredd

OK...one of the tools I am finding helpful is the display of units. However, when you have a group selected you cannot just view the units in that group...that is, the display button shows ALL units at your disposal.

Personally, I think the display button should show ONLY THOSE UNITS in the selected group. This will help half wits, like me, to spot what units I have in my groupd and how to place them.

Now, on that note, I have found a way around it in viewing the formation dialog. This shows me the units at my disposal on that group. I can then open the display dialog and scroll to the respective unit. However, the problem arises when I click the unit and show details. When I close the details dialog, the formation window closes also and because the Display dialog seems to be modal, I then have to close that before opening the formation window again.

This is all way too much work.

Here is what I suggest (if I may)
Either

• Change the display dialog to show ONLY those units in the selected group (if no group is selected, then show ALL units under your control)

or

• Fix the issue I have found so the Display dialog is not modal, the formation dialog can be accessed (so you can scroll) and the unit detail dialog will close WITHOUT closing the formation dialog

FWIW, I prefer the first option. Way less work for the user.

Alba gu' brath
Post #: 1
RE: Dialog Closing issue - 11/27/2007 1:11:36 AM   
TonyE

You might like the Order of Battle window, under the Reports menu (or press Ctrl+B).  It would be neat if it highlighted the selected group in the list, but I find it manageable as is.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 2
RE: Dialog Closing issue - 11/27/2007 9:43:31 AM   
JudgeDredd

ok Tony...I'll look at that tonight.

thx

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Dialog Closing issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI