Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor - 9/28/2000 3:29:00 AM   
lunatink

Please bear with me while I do my best to explain the problem. After all I am just a recruit. However I was a huge Steel Panthers 2 fan and I love World at War. When editing existing scenarios to include Units that I have modified myself. After I change the unit and go back to the map the unit is not there. However if I click on the cursor the new unit will appear. However when modfying several units at a time this can become quite tedious. Also If I don't click the cursor for the new unit to appear. When I actually play the game. At the end it shows that unit as being a casuality. Even though it never even played. Also when clicking the icon to change the unit half of the time the list on the right which shows all of the units is not there. Sometimes it is, most of the time it is not though. So I have to exit the modification screen and select the next unit instead of choosing from the list. Thanks for any advice. One last item the 4.1 Patch is there going to be a separate download of that patch. Or will I have to download the full 300 some odd megs? Great game.

Post #: 1
- 9/28/2000 7:30:00 AM   
Don

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing but I will try. The only way I know to replace a unit is from the buy screen, so when you get rid of a unit then yes, it will disappear from the map. Then you would "buy" your unit and place it where you want. You may want to note which hex the old unit was in. "Also when clicking the icon to change the unit half of the time the list on the right which shows all of the units is not there. " I'm not sure at all what you're talking about here, but from the deploy screen "d" will let you change unit info - but there's no unit list. "h" goes to the headquarters menu which does have the list of units, as does the "buy" screen. I've never seen where the list did not appear on those two screens. And lastly, unit info must be changed one at a time AFAIK ("d"), but it may be different when replacing units from the buy screen. I have no idea if this helps, but I hope it does! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to lunatink)
Post #: 2
- 9/28/2000 7:44:00 PM   
lunatink

I'll try to explain a little better here are the steps I am Taking. I start World at war. I then click on Solitare Play. Then Editor. Then Load, then I choose any game lets say "The Raiders ride to work" for example. Then I click on Load. I then choose Deploy for Player One. Then I choose a unit, lets say "Wild One" for example. Then I click on the button that is in the center row 4th from the bottom. It has an "R" on it. However when you press the "R" on the keyboard it brings up the Range adjustment. When you hover the mouse over the button it pops up "Change the current unit to a different type". Then choose any unit to replace it. You will notice the unit will disappear off of the map. However if you click on the same Hex it was sitting in the unit will reapppear. However if you do not re-click on the unit to make it reappear and you play the game the unit will show up as a casualty. This only becomes a problem if you change a unit on a hex that has two units on it. I hope this helps.

(in reply to lunatink)
Post #: 3
- 9/28/2000 11:23:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Your procedure is correct. Yes, when you replace the unit, you must click it back onto the map or it will not appear in the scenario. Tedious? yes. Necessary? Yes. Why? Don't know? It has been that way since SP2. It's never been changed. It's just something scenario designers and editors have come to accept as a way of life. Should it be changed? Yes! Will it be changed? I doubt it. . It's become such a routine with me that I don't even think about it anymore. I have my ritual for making the change and it is automatic. Mouse, left click on unit Mouse, left click on "R" button Mouse, left click on substitute unit in list Mouse, left click on map And so it goes...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to lunatink)
Post #: 4
- 9/29/2000 12:13:00 AM   
lunatink

Thanks for the Reply. One of the things I have always loved about the SP Saga is the Customization.

(in reply to lunatink)
Post #: 5
- 9/29/2000 12:36:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Versatility is the game's greatest asset, Lunatik. I have no doubt about that. 20 years of warfare with 27 nations and a wide variety of arms, men, and machines? Where else will you find such a phenomenon? Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to lunatink)
Post #: 6
- 9/29/2000 12:57:00 PM   
Paul Saunders

quote:

Originally posted by lunatink: This only becomes a problem if you change a unit on a hex that has two units on it. I hope this helps.
To place a unit in a hex that already has a unit, hold the shift key down when you left click.

(in reply to lunatink)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI