Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zones

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Zones Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zones - 12/7/2007 9:09:44 PM   
mudrick

Is there a list somewhere of the new zones? They work much better and it is hard to tell them from the old zones that seem to let WR's run free.

To the developer. Is there a way to program a zone to basically know where the WR's are going to go before snap? This way coverage can be assigned accordingly? This way 2 WR's wont be able to clear the zone for the trailer to go deep and be uncovered? Or just simply have the guys in deep coverage know a guy is going deep and to cover him instead of being led away.
Post #: 1
RE: Zones - 12/7/2007 9:38:25 PM   
David Winter

Hi

quote:

Is there a list somewhere of the new zones? They work much better and it is hard to tell them from the old zones that seem to let WR's run free.

I'm not sure what you mean. Zones are created as you see fit when you're designing a defensive play with zone coverage. You can create, move, and resize zones how you want them, so I'm not sure what list of zones it is you're looking to find.

quote:

To the developer. Is there a way to program a zone to basically know where the WR's are going to go before snap? This way coverage can be assigned accordingly? This way 2 WR's wont be able to clear the zone for the trailer to go deep and be uncovered? Or just simply have the guys in deep coverage know a guy is going deep and to cover him instead of being led away.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that would be very unlikely.

thanks
David

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 2
RE: Zones - 12/8/2007 4:04:29 AM   
Marauders

quote:

mudrick asked: Is there a list somewhere of the new zones? They work much better and it is hard to tell them from the old zones that seem to let WR's run free.

Zones are created in the PDS. They can be any size and depth one wants.

quote:

Is there a way to program a zone to basically know where the WR's are going to go before snap? This way coverage can be assigned accordingly? This way 2 WR's wont be able to clear the zone for the trailer to go deep and be uncovered?

Well, that would be cheating. Not knowing what the receivers will do is part of the game of football.

quote:

Or just simply have the guys in deep coverage know a guy is going deep and to cover him instead of being led away.

One can set deep zones or have a combination zone/man coverage.

One thing to keep in mind is that on any given play, a defense can be called that is designed to defeat the pass, the run, or a little of both. There is no sure fire play that will cover all situations. That is part of the strategy of football.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 3
RE: Zones - 12/9/2007 3:37:16 AM   
mudrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

Is there a way to program a zone to basically know where the WR's are going to go before snap? This way coverage can be assigned accordingly? This way 2 WR's wont be able to clear the zone for the trailer to go deep and be uncovered?

Well, that would be cheating. Not knowing what the receivers will do is part of the game of football.

Hehehehe I know. But these are little computer players. They know only what they are told to know. What I basically meant is for them to look like they are using their brains. Another possibility is to not allow the QB all day in the pocket. Sometimes on 4-5 man rushes, the QB waits like 10 seconds and then takes off running. Maybe it would be easier to have the DL slide off of the block a bit quicker.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Zones Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI