Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sim options

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Sim options Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sim options - 11/21/2007 7:04:28 PM   
mudrick

Is there any difference, besides speed, between quick sim, animated ball sim, and actually playing it out?
Post #: 1
RE: Sim options - 11/21/2007 9:57:18 PM   
Marauders

The animated ball in the quick sim just moves the ball more smoothly from location to location rather than just flashing to the next point.  It makes no difference on the game play itself.

There is some difference between the quick sim and playing the game out.  The quick sim does use personnel, but it isn't run in the 3D environment, so it will not give the same results as a played game.

The beta team has been working with David to try to tweak the sim game to allow results that are closer to the 3D game.  David has taken the time to work on this area even though a slow sim based on the 3D engine is on the list for Maximum Football 3 features, as this is an important area for league owners that may not want to have many of the 3D games played out.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 2
RE: Sim options - 12/13/2007 10:11:45 PM   
mudrick

Thanks for your constant replies, Marauders, you are a great help.   But I do notice that actually playing it out on the field is very very different than simming it.  Which is why I play out the playoff games CPU vs CPU in 3D, live.  I find that the better team will win more often this way.  Not always, but more often than a sim.

Like i've said before.  This game has some ridiculous potential as is........I have just begun to scrape the surface.  I am very interested in seeing future improvements.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Sim options - 12/14/2007 1:16:04 AM   
Marauders

quote:

But I do notice that actually playing it out on the field is very very different than simming it.  Which is why I play out the playoff games CPU vs CPU in 3D, live.  I find that the better team will win more often this way.  Not always, but more often than a sim.

We are working on some small sim engine changes to make it easier to get scores closer to the 3D game.

One must consider that the 3D game can have differing results based on style of play.

In the future, David hopes to have a 3D engine based sim that can be used as well, but that will not be part of the 2.x product.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Sim options Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI