Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some constructive observations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Some constructive observations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some constructive observations - 12/11/2007 11:15:42 PM   
JEG

I just started playing the game, and it's a great game. I love playing it. Some observations though about pitch counts. The first observation is that there seem to be an inordinate number of balls put in play on the first or second pitches. The second is that there seem to be fewer incidents of two strike foul offs than occur in an actual ML game, which so often run up pitch counts. Occasionally the total pitches thrown during a strike out or when a ball is put in play with two strikes will include a two strike foul or two, and on a rare occasion several, but the vast majority of the time in the game it seems a 0-2 decision pitch totals 3, and a 1-2 one totals 4, etc. Two strike fouls seem a bit more common in actual ML games.

Due to these two things, I find that starting pitchers are often through the 5th or 6th inning with pitch totals that average 11 per inning or less, sometimes even when they've given up 8 or 9 hits and 4 or 5 runs. I wonder if some little tweak might be made in those two areas to make the pitch counts reflect actual ML games more closely?

This observation about pitch counts isn't something that's in any way stopped me from enjoying the game.
Post #: 1
RE: Some constructive observations - 12/12/2007 4:34:50 AM   
puresimmer

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some research on this.

Shaun

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to JEG)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Some constructive observations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI